+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our final 15 games!

my reckoning is, if we lose no more than 9, draw no more than 9, and win the rest, we are promoted!

Think this season will be quite a low points total for automatic promotion as so many teams are looking in the hunt this year. Normally it requires 90 points or so for automatic, which would see us needing 60 points from 29 remaining games something I don't honestly think we can achieve.

I reckon we are probably looking at more like 84 points or so for automatic this year with 74+ for playoffs which would see us needing 54 for automatic and 44 for playoffs.

54 would equate to 16 wins 6 draws 7 losses. 44 would see us needing 13 wins 5 draws 11 losses. Both very achievable in my eyes (providing we stay injury free at this point as any more and we are screwed now)

If we can stay in the hunt until February + add 1/2 signings in key areas I see no reason we can't achieve playoffs and make a push for top 2 but top 2 for me would require a lot of luck with our squad as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    As the Small Faces sang....All or Nothing.

Playing field down in this division is a lot more level.
    More like Itchykoo Park George,you're all on a high.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Think this season will be quite a low points total for automatic promotion as so many teams are looking in the hunt this year. Normally it requires 90 points or so for automatic, which would see us needing 60 points from 29 remaining games something I don't honestly think we can achieve.

I reckon we are probably looking at more like 84 points or so for automatic this year with 74+ for playoffs which would see us needing 54 for automatic and 44 for playoffs.

54 would equate to 16 wins 6 draws 7 losses. 44 would see us needing 13 wins 5 draws 11 losses. Both very achievable in my eyes (providing we stay injury free at this point as any more and we are screwed now)

If we can stay in the hunt until February + add 1/2 signings in key areas I see no reason we can't achieve playoffs and make a push for top 2 but top 2 for me would require a lot of luck with our squad as it is.

Joel & Clive, I think you're spot on. Take a look at the 2104/15 season...the table after 17 games is almost identical to this season (https://www.worldfootball.net/schedu...5-spieltag/17/). It was an unusual and remarkable season as so many teams were in contention. By season end, the top eight looked like this:
    Pld W D L Pts
    AFC Bournemouth 46 26 12 8 90
    Watford FC 46 27 8 11 89
    Norwich City 46 25 11 10 86
    Middlesbrough FC 46 25 10 11 85
    Brentford FC 46 23 9 14 78
    Ipswich Town 46 22 12 12 78
    Wolves 46 22 12 12 78
    Derby County 46 21 14 11 77

The eighth placed team reached 77 points...ten more than in most other seasons! So I reckon that high 80's will secure automatic promotion (lower than in most other years), however, we'll need to reach the high 70's to get into the play-offs. Steady and consistent is what we need from here and we'll make the play-offs...with luck we'll do better.
    Mid-February is the key juncture for us. If we're still in contention, then the fixture list tilts in our favour!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)