+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back in Yellow - New Kit

Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    Not sure what is daft about stating the obvious. The yellow kit was ready before the season started and kept in reserve in case an idiot at the FA or something complains about kit-clashing. It was revealed now because someone did complain.

Or the club is trying to rip you off as much as possible. You decide.
    How do you know someone complained? Is that publicly acknowledged/available information?

I stand by what I said, Leeds support is legendary, home and away, and yet the efforts made by this owner and just all previous ones dating back to Ridsdale to recognise and reward that support are pitiful by comparison. The third kit issue is just one example, there are countless others, such as the stupidity of Cellinos "pie tax", of the club seeking to extract the maximum revenue possible whilst paying lip service to their regard for supporters.

And before you suggest I go support some other club, its not the owner I support, its the team. Maybe if Radrizzani and his peers were to observe the adage "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", we might all be better?
    Last edited by WTF11; 09-11-2018 at 03:11 PM.

I like the new kit and am buying one. That’s all that matters to me. Not sure why that’s money grubbing. Our new kit looks sharp and is way better than the scum kits you see everywhere here!

Not sure where it comes from, but that was the case around 12-14 years ago when FIFA made the rule about the kit's back having to be plain to make the names and numbers easier to see. For over 100 years nobody had such a problem but then FIFA got complains and made the change.
    Same in 2013 where they ruled all parts of the kit must be the same tone (or better yet, same color) because the average viewer is blind and stupid and can't see the difference between Germany's white and Spain's red kit anymore. That is why at World Cup 2014 all the traditional kits (like Germany's white-black-white or Argentina's sky blue/white-black-black) were fked up. Germany played in full white, Argentina sky blue/white-white-white, Brazil in yellow-white-white etc, plus, the playing teams always had to be in "light" vs "dark" kits, as in, you would never see Germany in white playing Brazil in yellow. Truly a huge problem in football, isn't it?

These are only true to international teams obviously, the point is, you only need one fool to make a problem out of something like the color of the kits. It could have been the designated referee who said it might be problematic. Who knows?

Not sure where it comes from, but that was the case around 12-14 years ago when FIFA made the rule about the kit's back having to be plain to make the names and numbers easier to see. For over 100 years nobody had such a problem but then FIFA got complains and made the change.
    Same in 2013 where they ruled all parts of the kit must be the same tone (or better yet, same color) because the average viewer is blind and stupid and can't see the difference between Germany's white and Spain's red kit anymore. That is why at World Cup 2014 all the traditional kits (like Germany's white-black-white or Argentina's sky blue/white-black-black) were fked up. Germany played in full white, Argentina sky blue/white-white-white, Brazil in yellow-white-white etc, plus, the playing teams always had to be in "light" vs "dark" kits, as in, you would never see Germany in white playing Brazil in yellow. Truly a huge problem in football, isn't it?

These are only true to international teams obviously, the point is, you only need one fool to make a problem out of something like the color of the kits. It could have been the designated referee who said it might be problematic. Who knows?
    So basically you don't know, and neither does anyone else, whether there has or hasn't been a complaint/observation about a supposed clash.

What we do know is that the club are fast selling out of a 3rd kit that hasn't been match played under any circumstances since the start of the season (even though it was supposedly available).

Basically a load of b0ll0x, and we're back to the "let's make money out of the fans", rationale.

No, I do not know. What I do know is that if it wasn't for SOMEBODY COMPLAINING ABOUT A POSSIBLE KIT-CLASH we would have played against West Brom in a full black kit.

No, I do not know. What I do know is that if it wasn't for SOMEBODY COMPLAINING ABOUT A POSSIBLE KIT-CLASH we would have played against West Brom in a full black kit.
    You know that.......how?

crickey peeps - no need to argue.

whatever the reason for having a new kit it sure is one of the best we have had for many a year.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You know that.......how?

FFS .................. WTF11

1.There is no definition of a kit clash. Its up to the kit managers and then match officials, hence the inconsistency the very polite Cress mentioned.
    2.Surprisingly there is already a rule in place saying change kits can only be worn in away matches and when there is a clash. Only the match officials can give permission for a change.
    3.A change kit may only be worn a maximum of 8 times during one season unless necessity suggests otherwise. This decision lies with match officials.

Maybe the designated Ref's Missus put her red knickers in the wash and ruined his only change of kit for all we know.

Just arrived in Blighty and having a bite to eat before cadging a lift to Oxford when we've parked the car up safe,then another lift to Birmingham/West Brom and having just read the English press today you should hang your head in shame for your ridiculous attack on our owner - Everton being done for illegal poaching of young players & Man City abusing stringent FFP rules again ......... Thank the Lord we've got The Rad !

Choice of strips is great and it's NOT compulsory to buy any of 'em for the record either.
    For the record our Leeds City Bus seat covers currently masking as our first choice away strip needs replacing,IMO and it's great to see a near as damn it Royal Blue & Gold(ish) traditional colour shirt facing the opposition again,IMO.

My only criticism of any of our kits is the word Red & those bloody artful Sky triangles (that resemble cranberry cheese wedges) on the sleeves ...... of which can be purchased at an additional cost of £7.99 - well fu* k that and I'm sure we'll all agree on that point !

ALAW - MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

FFS .................. WTF11

1.There is no definition of a kit clash. Its up to the kit managers and then match officials, hence the inconsistency the very polite Cress mentioned.
    2.Surprisingly there is already a rule in place saying change kits can only be worn in away matches and when there is a clash. Only the match officials can give permission for a change.
    3.A change kit may only be worn a maximum of 8 times during one season unless necessity suggests otherwise. This decision lies with match officials.

Maybe the designated Ref's Missus put her red knickers in the wash and ruined his only change of kit for all we know.

Just arrived in Blighty and having a bite to eat before cadging a lift to Oxford when we've parked the car up safe,then another lift to Birmingham/West Brom and having just read the English press today you should hang your head in shame for your ridiculous attack on our owner - Everton being done for illegal poaching of young players & Man City abusing stringent FFP rules again ......... Thank the Lord we've got The Rad !

Choice of strips is great and it's NOT compulsory to buy any of 'em for the record either.
    For the record our Leeds City Bus seat covers currently masking as our first choice away strip needs replacing,IMO and it's great to see a near as damn it Royal Blue & Gold(ish) traditional colour shirt facing the opposition again,IMO.

My only criticism of any of our kits is the word Red & those bloody artful Sky triangles (that resemble cranberry cheese wedges) on the sleeves ...... of which can be purchased at an additional cost of £7.99 - well fu* k that and I'm sure we'll all agree on that point !

ALAW - MOT
    Not quite sure what bit of my post is a "ridiculous attack on our owner"? Mentioned on this thread that ALL owners and by implication all clubs are guilty of exploiting supported, and whilst to an extent that's inevitable (we are after all customers buying a service/product), it's the extent that I find objectionable.

Why, as an example, does any club bring out a new home/away/third strip EVERY season?

My other point seems to have been ignored, I.e. the abject failure of the club under successive owners to match their rhetoric regarding the legendary support for the club with anything significant that benefits those self same supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not quite sure what bit of my post is a "ridiculous attack on our owner"?
    Your reply Post 21 ...............
    "And before you suggest I go support some other club, its not the owner I support, its the team."

Your opinion,observation & your strong view was noted - a point I disagree with (as you know) but it's your right to state it which I respect.

Overall I'm happy with the owners in the 'grand scheme of things' and look forward to matters on/off the pitch .......
    .......... as I don't see the point in looking backwards as every end has a start !

You won't be alone with your current view but with ALL facts at your disposal you'll maybe have a better understanding.

MOT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)