+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back in Yellow - New Kit

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    To be fair WTF11 Kappa brought out the kit as is their prerogative.
    Adam Pearson did the deal for us back in 2015,described as the biggest kit sponsorship in the Championship at the time.The 5 year deal ends in 2020.

Can you blame Kappa ?

MOT
    No I can't blame Kappa, I blame the club(s), collectively not just Leeds, for inventing a 3rd strip where none was necessary (for the first 60 - 70 years of professional football anyway). I CAN blame Leeds specifically for doing so while charging the highest ticket prices in this division and much of the PL, that's SOMETHING they could do something about, but why try to make the supporters lot any better when you get gates that mist PL club's would die for?

I support Leeds, I just wish sometimes the club would repay my support and that of the tens of thousands who go to ER either regularly or otherwise, rather than take every opportunity to extract the maximum amount.

It was added to avoid kit-clashing with West Brom. Why the hell does someone always have to think the club only wants to rip them off? FFS......

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    No I can't blame Kappa, I blame the club(s), collectively not just Leeds, for inventing a 3rd strip where none was necessary (for the first 60 - 70 years of professional football anyway). I CAN blame Leeds specifically for doing so while charging the highest ticket prices in this division and much of the PL, that's SOMETHING they could do something about, but why try to make the supporters lot any better when you get gates that mist PL club's would die for?

I support Leeds, I just wish sometimes the club would repay my support and that of the tens of thousands who go to ER either regularly or otherwise, rather than take every opportunity to extract the maximum amount.

Over 20,000 existing Leeds season ticket holders renewed again this season and new applications were also taken up too .......... individual match day sales are also up too - away days are sold out with more and more travelling via home club application scenarios so the product pricing must be correct in the context of price,entertainment etc .........

YES it's a lot of money and should be cheaper and Leeds again froze prices for previous season ticket loyalty WTF11.

As this Forum knows the club attracts support in a variety of ways,even from you.

Leeds compared to other clubs in the Championship is open to analysis of which I can discuss all night and day - but with respect to the original Thread I've enclose a few links for your 'ticket' opinion (an opinion you and I have debated before I recall).

Every season many Leeds supporter representatives do lobby the club over many fan issues including pricing.
    This is also done at many other clubs.
    Lower pricing will always be on discussion agendas.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ccer-football/
    https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/06/...ew-for-2018-19
    https://www.leedsunited.com/news/tic...n-tickets-1819
    https://files.canaries.co.uk/canaries/ST1819Prices.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    It was added to avoid kit-clashing with West Brom. Why the hell does someone always have to think the club only wants to rip them off? FFS......
    Ah, so the kit was subject to a design process, design sign-off and all the paraphernalia of production since when, and for one match (and clash, our away strip with their home one?, give me a break)?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Over 20,000 existing Leeds season ticket holders renewed again this season and new applications were also taken up too .......... individual match day sales are also up too - away days are sold out with more and more travelling via home club application scenarios so the product pricing must be correct in the context of price,entertainment etc .........

YES it's a lot of money and should be cheaper and Leeds again froze prices for previous season ticket loyalty WTF11.

As this Forum knows the club attracts support in a variety of ways,even from you.

Leeds compared to other clubs in the Championship is open to analysis of which I can discuss all night and day - but with respect to the original Thread I've enclose a few links for your 'ticket' opinion (an opinion you and I have debated before I recall).

Every season many Leeds supporter representatives do lobby the club over many fan issues including pricing.
    This is also done at many other clubs.
    Lower pricing will always be on discussion agendas.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ccer-football/
    https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/06/...ew-for-2018-19
    https://www.leedsunited.com/news/tic...n-tickets-1819
    https://files.canaries.co.uk/canaries/ST1819Prices.pdf
    "Lies, damned lies and statistics" Mrs O, possible to slice and dice however to suit my particular point of view.

Just because ticket sales of all types are up doesn't, in and of itself, justify the maintenance of a ticket pricing policy that leads to supporters paying just about the highest prices in the division, and in many cases higher than at Premiership grounds. The club could do something to ease that, even if only for "special" matches (instead of which prices are usually higher!). They don't, instead (if cress is to be believed), they come up with a third strip, involving design advice from the owner of the club, to avoid a clash, which "coincidentally" will increase the sales of replica strips.

I'm over the moon about the place we are at with regards to playing style, team effort/ethos and where we are in the division, just wish the money-grabbing was less evident and/or a bit more sophisticated

Two edged sword really. It would certainly be nice to minimise cost to supporters, but if we are fair dinkum about promotion, then maybe the extra income is required to help achieve it? Or at least compete evenly with other clubs that are openly fair dinkum. We always complain about not spending in the right areas to achieve it, so maybe supporters are happy to accept it as long as results are happening?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Ah, so the kit was subject to a design process, design sign-off and all the paraphernalia of production since when, and for one match (and clash, our away strip with their home one?, give me a break)?
    Go in the club shop or online, there is a variety of new and old shirts, christmas jumpers, jackets, pyjamas, kids fashion, duvets... folk like wearing/buying the stuff its just 1 of many items you can purchase IF you choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Go in the club shop or online, there is a variety of new and old shirts, christmas jumpers, jackets, pyjamas, kids fashion, duvets... folk like wearing/buying the stuff its just 1 of many items you can purchase IF you choose to.
    Wasn't quite the point WS. Cress suggested that the third strip was to avoid a clash with the Baggies home strip. Blo00dy daft tbh, given what is required to get a strip from design into full-on production (and I note that Leeds are emailing supporters suggesting "the third strip is selling out fast"), so hardly a knee jerk response to a single away game.

On your point, yes, it's up to fans to buy what they like when they like, (Personally have scarves, shirts, number plate inserts, front door key, couple of rings etc) but put alongside the ALAW/MOT sentiments and the clubs regular statement of admiration of the supporters, the occasional gesture of real recognition would be nice (as an example, Spam occasionally offer a home adult ticket at £33 and a child ticket bought at the same time for £1, gets advertised often in Metro). When was the last time Leeds did that?
    Last edited by WTF11; 09-11-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    ........ I bet online sales sales of this yellow & blue kit are doing well in our Sweden supporter branches with Pontus name & number for sure ......... as our chant states "Just like watching Brazil" - with similar kit to rub it in.

MOT

Not sure what is daft about stating the obvious. The yellow kit was ready before the season started and kept in reserve in case an idiot at the FA or something complains about kit-clashing. It was revealed now because someone did complain.

Or the club is trying to rip you off as much as possible. You decide.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)