+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On to Blackburn

On to Blackburn

Hopefully no injury worries to contend with for Warney, and the positive effect of the Swansea win will provide us with renewed confidence.

Will Warney continue to keep it tight and play on the break, and only change it if we concede?

Looking at the Blackburn forum this is an easy home win, its basically a copy and paste of other teams forums before we have played them.

Thoughts on team selection, formation and our chances of getting that elusive first win?

it's the owd story gm, if we don't concede more than one goal we will have a chance. First 20 mins vita l that we don't concede.

Would like to see Ajayi in midfield but can't see that happening till we get Raggett back.

If they have a nippy left winger might be best to play Jones instead of Vyner who has got skinned by his winger last 2 games. Only other way to counter that is to put williams on wing to help him out which warne might do anyway. We kept James alot quieter second half last week when we did that.

We need to keep an eye on the Dack man as he is always a danger anywhere round the box.

So 4 5 1 for me unless Ajayi does play in midfield which would mean a 4 1 4 1 formation.

Do we give Smithy a rest and start Proctor? Probably not because I don't think Procs is quite the battering ram we need up front compared to Smithy. Procs to come on if we need that push for an equaliser.

Wouldn't start Newell as he is best as impact player but then again I'm not sure if we should start Taylor.

Blackburn not a happy hunting ground of late and they are on a good home run. A point again would be bloody marvellous for me and should keep us out of the bottom 3 come 5 pm on Saturday.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 07-11-2018 at 11:42 AM.

I think that Warney has to stop playing Williams off Smith. He's a lot more effective ont wing running at defenders from there. When he's stuck int middle it seems to stiffle him. If he was going to play someone round Smith and doesn't want to play Vassell there then why not Taylor or Proctor.
    I would like to see Jones come in for Vyner, he's a better all round player and improves the team. I'd leave Ajayi where is is until Raggett is fit. We do lose Vaulks though for this game and we need a replacement holding midfileder so Wood may come in pushing Ajayi further up the park.

Any two out of these int cetre of midfield is it?
    Manning
    Towell
    Wiles
    Ajayi
    Palmer

Rodack
    Jones, Ajayi, Robertson, Mattock
    Williams, Manning, Towell, Vassell
    Smith, Taylor

Yes we've lost every match there I think over the last few years and we've been generally outplayed.
    A reunion with Richie Smallwood and they've also got Adam Armstrong and Bradley Dack who is a very good player.

I also think we need to provide our full backs with some better protection and Taylor isn't able to do that so I wouldn't play him

As the comments above, try not to concede early and stay in the match. This appears to be the approach for every away game so lets see where it takes us

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I think that Warney has to stop playing Williams off Smith. He's a lot more effective ont wing running at defenders from there. When he's stuck int middle it seems to stiffle him. If he was going to play someone round Smith and doesn't want to play Vassell there then why not Taylor or Proctor.
    I would like to see Jones come in for Vyner, he's a better all round player and improves the team. I'd leave Ajayi where is is until Raggett is fit. We do lose Vaulks though for this game and we need a replacement holding midfileder so Wood may come in pushing Ajayi further up the park.

Any two out of these int cetre of midfield is it?
    Manning
    Towell
    Wiles
    Ajayi
    Palmer

Rodack
    Jones, Ajayi, Robertson, Mattock
    Williams, Manning, Towell, Vassell
    Smith, Taylor
    Would like to see Manning in the team. If he picks those player I think it will be a 4-5-1

Same team
    Blackburn 1 Millers 3
    Smith Towell and Vyner. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Same team
    Blackburn 1 Millers 3
    Smith Towell and Vyner. 😊
    Quiz question,when was the last time we scored 3goals away in the Championship & who against.

1-1 battling draw.

With Vaulks missing I would go with...4-1-4-1

..............Rodak
    Vyner, Ajayi, Robertson, Mattock.
    .....................Jones..........
    Williams, Towell, Manning, Vassell.

..........Smith........

He may bring Richard Wood back, who I reckon is one yellow card away from a ban.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 07-11-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Quiz question,when was the last time we scored 3goals away in the Championship & who against.
    Was it at MK Dons under NW?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Was it at MK Dons under NW?
    It was CA 0-4 Warnocks last game.To this day I still can't believe how Warnock did it.I don't think anybody else could have done it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast