+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Barnsley Markets

O/T Barnsley Markets

Been in town a few hours today , so took time to visit the market , looks very good, clean plenty of space , very busy , didn't see many empty stalls , 4 coachloads of visitors from Wigan, Oldbury ? , Mansfield , Chesterfield , plenty of work to be done , but just now it looks very nice , impressed

It's a lot better but there's 1 thing they should have had a bowling alley instead of a cinema who still goes to flicks when you can watch everything at home *

What no bingo hall?

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    It's a lot better but there's 1 thing they should have had a bowling alley instead of a cinema who still goes to flicks when you can watch everything at home *
    Last time arr went Dools , wa to watch ET took mi son , ovva thuttee yrs sin ,
    Then ageeun last time a went bowling wa a works doo abart 20 yrs back , neetha interest mi nar ,
    bring back shuv hafepenny

Tha can still watch shuv ape-ni on re-runs of Indoor League wi Fred Trueman.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha can still watch shuv ape-ni on re-runs of Indoor League wi Fred Trueman.
    That's not wun am thinkin abart SB , it involved behind pubs/neetclubs or bins /stalls an various otha places , summa them havepennys wa hafe Crarns

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    What no bingo hall?
    All struggling these days exile , JLO and myself were twice a week regular bingo players at Mecca in Wakey or the one in town near the train station .

Not worth bothering with now , everybody plays online these days , hardly anyone in them compared to a few years ago .

Good night it was too , get a nice meal , a few pints and the chance to win a few hundred quid .

Market trading is struggling these days but I sincerely hope the new market is a success .

Love markets myself , you can shove shopping centres for me , market traders are far more friendlier and helpfull .

Markets have character , not like these soulless retail parks .

I really hope it goes against the national trend and fetches people back in to the town , the market was always the heartbeat of the town when I was growing up .

Under Charter one or if not the oldest market town in Britain, early fif**** hundreds ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Under Charter one or if not the oldest market town in Britain, early fif**** hundreds ,

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast