+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Childhood footy memories

Childhood footy memories

Stan's post about the Adidas ball made me immediately think of this:

So many games played with one of these...including flat ones

Which images stick out in your memory?

Those little pi say sized balls you used to use playing for under 11 s.bit bigger than a tennis ball.

Here's another one:

How do you post images ?

Dead easy, Kev...click on this link, upload your image then select full size and copy the link it gives you.

https://imgbox.com/

We used to play with a tennis ball in the back lane, we each had a back door which were our goals, once your door got hit three times you dropped out until there was only two kids left, most games didn't finish until after dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Stan's post about the Adidas ball made me immediately think of this:

So many games played with one of these...including flat ones

Which images stick out in your memory?
    The lad who ended up being my best man had one of these. It was one of the best non-casey football's ever. Great on grass or solid ground. When it burst it no longer had the writing on it.

We were devastated.

I remember as a kid walking across the fields with a couple of pals,to Kingston park to get Terry Hibbitts autograph .
    He was in the front garden doing a bit weeding .. He gave us a glass of pop and autographs .
    Can't see that happening with today's stars.

Our stadium was a street with two opposite "back entries" as goals. We plagued the house owners asking for our ball back constantly, they threatened the obligitary knife through the ball speech and in the end gave up and left the back doors to their yards unlocked.

I also remember a day playing against the local tough guy who was in goal. I hit ball towards goal and it hit him on the mouth square. There was dogshiit on the ball.which transfered to his face while he sucked his ice pop. No-one was brave enough to tell him. He went ape when he found out.

Sorry if you are having dinner.

I had a kick about with a guy called Gearge Best as a kid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)