+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Hibs thread

Great stuff. Didn't even know the match was tonight but nice surprise and enjoyed the performance. Only bad point is seeing thon hun swine mccoist still alive but oh well.

Enjoyed that, slowly starting to play ourselves into form

Devlin is looking an excellent signing, was outstanding tonight. i actually prefer him to McKenna (only slightly)

May made some very clever runs, and looked a lot fitter, keeps playing like that and a goal is not far way

we have been below average all season and only 5 points of the top and in a cup final, things not all that bad

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Great 3 points in difficult conditions.
    We actually defended well tonight.
    We have often had a clean sheet but tonight we defended well.

Downside
    Well I suppose there has to be a downside.

Shinnie in midfield

He tries, he really tries, I think he’s great
    He’s not a midfielder though
    I prefer Shinnie in midfield to left back, but he has been poor the last two games. Even being poor, he still does a job protecting the back 4

I also think Lowe is the best left back at the club currently, and would have him in front of shinnie for that position

Say what you like about McInnes but he always seems to be able to string a good run of results together just as things are beginning to look pear shaped.

oh yes that was great, the most enjoyable 90 minutes of the season performance-wise for this Red TV Itntl subsriber. Such effort from start to finish, proper playing for the jersey, full backs bombing forward, bite in midfield, and no end of skill and clever play throughout the team. I should / would be hoping that DM had finally stumbled upon his best XI at last...alas howeer, there was a weak link ..and it was Wilson for me....

Happy weekend Dandies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    I prefer Shinnie in midfield to left back, but he has been poor the last two games. Even being poor, he still does a job protecting the back 4

I also think Lowe is the best left back at the club currently, and would have him in front of shinnie for that position
    What do you expect? We can afford Shinnie, or at least we could when we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Say what you like about McInnes but he always seems to be able to string a good run of results together just as things are beginning to look pear shaped.
    Indeed, MT vessels make the most noise, our current coach has to make do with the budget he is given, seems to be doing okay and we have another final to look forward to.....that aside we are far from the finished article, however there are a few wee phannies on here that seem to know better?

Most importantly, as always

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Indeed, MT vessels make the most noise, our current coach has to make do with the budget he is given, seems to be doing okay and we have another final to look forward to.....that aside we are far from the finished article, however there are a few wee phannies on here that seem to know better?

Most importantly, as always

SF

Aberdeen fans running Huns. Standards have fallen over the years.

I agree Shinnie has been poor recently but one thing you can say about him is he doesn’t hide,proper captain.

May looks like he is not far off being the player he once was.

GMS is great when he is in that form and it’s bizzare we haven’t begun contract talks.

Devlin is a great signing and will end up being our captain if Shinnie leaves.

4th win in a row so happy days.

Was that too positive for here?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    Enjoyed that, slowly starting to play ourselves into form

Devlin is looking an excellent signing, was outstanding tonight. i actually prefer him to McKenna (only slightly)

May made some very clever runs, and looked a lot fitter, keeps playing like that and a goal is not far way

we have been below average all season and only 5 points of the top and in a cup final, things not all that bad
    Good Comment ..... May indeed appears have lost a few KG in weight and looks a lot more sprightly and less heavy legged - I’m sure he must have been working on that aspect of his game. If he gets one or two goals I’m hoping he’ll push on and get some more. The. GMS goal was taken early and was very well taken! Not vintage stuff by any means but we’re staying in contact with the top third. Any chance of signing a goal scorer?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast