+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ot are you emotionally intelligent?

Ot are you emotionally intelligent?

...Mr Warne often goes on about this. Is itmumbo jumbo or is it an important thing to have in sport/ life?To be honest i have never heard of the term until Warne y started using it. With the stuff I have read on the net about it i would say mine was not too good. It seems to be working for the miller s players though!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...F&&FORM=VRDGAR

As I see it, it's about being tuned in to others feelings and your own and using this intelligence in a positive way. A sort of being honest with yourself as well. I would imagine Warne could improve his players by emotional intelligence giving them a team spirit based on empathy with fellow players and the fans. Think of how stubb s was the antithesis of this cutting himself and his players off from the fans. It also suggests that resilience can b e taught through positive attitudes to shortcomings.

I shall now start practising i t in every day life expect a new rolymiller on here.

Our lass will think I have had a bang on the head when she comes back from work later!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...l-intelligence
    Last edited by rolymiller; 08-11-2018 at 09:28 AM.

My company delivers teaching sessions on this as part of the management development qualification.
    It’s in essence about having the right approach and intelligence to deal with situations with maturity and balance.
    A lot more to it but that’s a snapshot.
    How many on here could do with it including me 😊

I'm certainly not emotionally intelligent when we win at Hillsborough 😀

https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/13...people-do.html
    For me:

1:not always
    2:not usually
    3:not really
    4:not usually
    5:think imfairly principled but not perfect
    6:not always
    7:try to
    8:not always
    9:i do if I think Im in the wrong
    10: can forgive but hard to forget
    11. generally yes
    12. not a lot
    13.aware of it yes

so piss poor for me really.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 08-11-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Its very important, most young managers in the hotel/pub industry think the best way to communicate with staff is to dominate and intimidate them, rather than actually manage them using emotional intelligence

Still on with this Warney improving emotional intelligence lark. It is hard work and feels like I am making all the concessions but then again perhaps I have got a lot to make. I do feel quite calm from it all though. Our lass is impressed but is not convinced I will keep it up!

The pausing bit is quite easy but taking criticism is quite hard, you have to bite your lip a bit .

Try it and see, Good luck.

Use this as a guide.I have pinned the headings onto me fridge door!

https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/13...people-do.html
    Last edited by rolymiller; 08-11-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Roly when giving your lass feedback use the SIB concept from mind tools she will love it 😊

Lets hope I get that right pocket or I might get a swift kick in the knackers instead!

Yep get it right pal just remember this....

Men and women are structured differently, and so are the ways in which their brains function. Women use both sides of their brain, whereas men tend to use the left side more. The left side of our brain is responsible for logical reasoning and problem solving skills, and the right side is responsible for performing prosodic language functions, creativity, facial perception, and for generating emotions. So, the left side of our brain takes care of our IQ and the right side takes care of our EQ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast