+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting with Cormack, Fraser and Wickes

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Get a life ffs
    Best ignored, the boy comes across as a troll/mug and if that is all he needs to respond with, well...... as I say........best ignored.

A good insight to the meeting by the OP and appreciated by most.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    No they overran by 30 mins so they didn't ask for any questions from the floor as out of time but they were happy to answer individual questions before and after the formal part of the evening
    Again thanks for the input, I’ve only attended 5 of our agm’s and I’ve only asked 2 questions of which were I thought pertinent, anyway, on each occasion I had to give name/address etc. to ensure I was a shareholder....mind you, I did not need to prove who I was.

Here hopes we move up the table, get a new training facility and beat those mhinks in the final.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Get a life ffs
    This site isn’t the easiest to follow due to the layout, without needlessly quoting huge posts

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Good informed post lad. Nothing in it that we don’t expect to happen though. Cost will rise etc which a few of us have suggested was obviously going to happen. Pittodrie was always getting sold...the club board had no ambition to ever redevelop the current stadium to meet the new criteria required (the money for the sale of Pittodrie made them easily persuaded that it wouldn’t be possible to redevelop it).
    We could always change our name to the Westhill Warriors. If someone was going to give Milne money to do that the @raehole would bite their hand off!
    Did any of them mention when the DNA cash would start getting spent?
    Given your previous posts and thoughts on dna not sure if your question is genuine but I will bite anyway!! As per my point 10 above they are saying it has basically already been spent maintaining the squad size/cost that we had last season. Not the answer I was hoping for!!

What I would say and probably forgot to emphasise in my original post is that a constant theme through everything that was said especially by Wickes was the need to maximise commercial income so that we can funnel more money to the team. He did say expect to hear more news on commercial deals over the next couple of weeks. Also that our commercial income compares favourably with other similar sized clubs in both Scotland and England

Its interesting that the council weren't willing to give up surrounding roads at Pittodrie.

At the time I remember hearing they refused AFC permission to buy land on Merkland Road after the Grays Timber Yard was demolished. The implication being they wanted AFC to move from Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Cheers for the info Red Zone. Anyone any idea of the life span of these debenture seats??? Were they bought for life? I can't remember. I do recall thinking of buying one at the time they were being offered for £2000 but can't recall any details. If they are for life how do we get round that issue/problem. Surely not everybody who bought one was a hun or tim. If I had bought one and declared i was an Aberdeen fan, where would I have been allocated one. What "end"? If i'd got one for the west end and we played the huns would I not be allowed to take up my seat and vice versa. There must surely be a way round all that.
    There was some thought that the debenture deal falls away when the SFA buy Hampden from Queens Park but not sure if that is right or not as I would have thought the obligation would transfer to the new owner. I don't think you had to declare if you were a fan of any other club than the bigot brothers so you would be able to buy your seat regardless. As to a way around it, there must be if you put your mind to it, but we all know that the GFA can't be bothered bending over backwards for any club other than the usual two

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Its interesting that the council weren't willing to give up surrounding roads at Pittodrie.

At the time I remember hearing they refused AFC permission to buy land on Merkland Road after the Grays Timber Yard was demolished. The implication being they wanted AFC to move from Pittodrie.
    You might also want to factor in the club's traditional penny-pinching, most recently exhibited when they wanted to use the University of Aberdeen's Balgownie facilities for **** all and a potentially good deal fell through.

One wonders if they also blanched at the cost of Gasometer World at the back of the Soother, and the market value of the timmer yard.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    You might also want to factor in the club's traditional penny-pinching, most recently exhibited when they wanted to use the University of Aberdeen's Balgownie facilities for **** all and a potentially good deal fell through.

One wonders if they also blanched at the cost of Gasometer World at the back of the Soother, and the market value of the timmer yard.
    The gas works was the real missed opportunity for me. Someone with a bit of vision would have bought that and redeveloped the whole ground turning the pitch 90 degrees at the same time to eliminate any issues around Pittodrie Street and Merkland Road constraints

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Its a possibilty, no-one knows for sure.

Given the choice I'd prefer us to own our training ground rather than sharing it with the Uni.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post

Just get a new council.

I'd be worried if I thought there was the remotest chance of them raising the money.

Westhill Warriors play in blue

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast