+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting with Cormack, Fraser and Wickes

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Just get a new council.

I'd be worried if I thought there was the remotest chance of them raising the money.

Westhill Warriors play in blue
    There have been many different councils since way back then. As I have said in previous posts, the council do not wish AFC to extend on that area. They want AFC to relocate hence why the planning application was given as there are no other places to reasonably put the stadium within the boundaries of the city. We are where we are and its not of AFCs making.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    There have been many different councils since way back then. As I have said in previous posts, the council do not wish AFC to extend on that area. They want AFC to relocate hence why the planning application was given as there are no other places to reasonably put the stadium within the boundaries of the city. We are where we are and its not of AFCs making.
    Why dont you just add that Aberdeen would have to play Euro games in Dundee or the Central belt and be done with it?

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Why dont you just add that Aberdeen would have to play Euro games in Dundee or the Central belt and be done with it?
    It may have been explained before but if Pittodrie couldn’t get a uefa licence surely neither dens or tannadice would either

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    Of course it's of the club's making. They have deliberately, or carelessly, let the ground deteriorate, and have applied no forethought or imagination to its improvement since the erection of the Richard Donald Stand in 1993. Twenty five ****ing years of dereliction of duty.

I don't know why they've neglected it, but to point fingers other than towards the Boardroom is mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Of course it's of the club's making. They have deliberately, or carelessly, let the ground deteriorate, and have applied no forethought or imagination to its improvement since the erection of the Richard Donald Stand in 1993. Twenty five ****ing years of dereliction of duty.

I don't know why they've neglected it, but to point fingers other than towards the Boardroom is mistaken.
    I agree totally, im sure someone came out well from the erection of the Richard Donald Stand....cant think who though?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Westhill Warriors play in blue
    We have also been known to play in blue

Totally agree with that statement. Milne truly doesn’t have Aberdeen FC’s best interest at heart. An absolute fraud of a chairman who should not be trusted in the slightest.

I take the point that part of the problem is that the stadium has been allowed to run down.

Whether it would have been viable otherwise I don't know.

But we have to start from where we are.

I've seen several opponents of Kingswells make their case along these implied lines:

1. it's historic decisions by the board that have made Pittodrie unviable
    2. Ergo, the board should be punished by a refusal to grant their wish for a move

Even if 1 is true, to deduce 2 from it is madness - unless you're just anti-football and think the club should be punished for previous sloppy future planning by being forced out of business.

Dave Cormack also did a Q&A atKings College on Tuesday. It was more about his business/philanthropy but his first statement was that the seats had been blue and he had asked for them to be red!
    The gist of it is that he sold his three start ups, the last one being for $800m cash. Currently working on another which will likely bring in $500m in 5 yrs. He is from Garthdee, his wife Kincorth and he started working at Grampian Regional Council at Woodhill house. Stays with his mother in law when here so that he gets well fed and his washing done. Originally brought up in wee flat with no toilet etc in Spring Garden next to the old ice rink (anybody?)
    Lots of donations to charities in South America ( Categena,Columbia) and locally through AFCCT and one wonders as to what else he silently donated to. Very passionate about giving back to the community and is red or dead right through. When he sold his start ups he ensured all his employees benefitted in cash.
    I would be hoping that he takes over far Milne in a few years time.....clear that his business acumen is having positive effects from the ground up within the club and can only be good for us....very personable and you get the feeling he doesn't suffer fools gladly!

Also sponsoring 3 students through their whole degrees in medicine and business at Aberdeen Uni and spent whole summer working with the Uni on prijects

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast