+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting with Cormack, Fraser and Wickes

This is great. Not only can you explain how football works, you can explain how the finances work too.

We’re lucky to have you on this board

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    This is great. Not only can you explain how football works, you can explain how the finances work too.

We’re lucky to have you on this board
    Again, trolling and not adding to the discussion.
    We’re not lucky to have you.

Do me a favour and put me on ignore as you add nothing when you quote me.
    I can only assume it’s because I have made a valid point you can’t muster an alternative argument on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Do you think paying for the new stadium will make a difference to the playing budget?
    That will depend.
    What’s clear from the OP is that the footballing budget was boosted by DNA.
    It’s simply been compared with the previous year which was also boosted because of player sales.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    That will depend.
    What’s clear from the OP is that the footballing budget was boosted by DNA.
    It’s simply been compared with the previous year which was also boosted because of player sales.
    That's obvious. What's also obvious is that the playing budget, whilst boosted short term by DNA will dwindle to only DNA funding when everything else is used to pay for a new stadium. The black hole being £20+

Do me a favour and put me on ignore as you add nothing when you quote me.
    But then I wouldn’t learn anything

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's obvious. What's also obvious is that the playing budget, whilst boosted short term by DNA will dwindle to only DNA funding when everything else is used to pay for a new stadium. The black hole being £20+
    Possibly, but not a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    But then I wouldn’t learn anything
    Then I should just ignore you as I don’t learn anything from your posts.
    But you want your free reign to troll as you wish don’t you?

Possibly, but not a given.
    There's not a club in the world that's not suffered from building a new stadium. Why would we be different?

Thanks to the OP - really interesting and great to take the time to share on here.

Genuine question re: the DNA / playing budget - would people rather we had to sell a player for £1million each summer or have DNA? From what has been said it seems like that is the choice - DNA wasn't replacing money that Milne/the Board were putting into the playing budget from their own pocket, it seems to have replaced the Hayes income so we can maintain the levels we had last season.

Personally, I would rather have the DNA support and be in a position where we can hold onto talents such as McKenna (or at least hold out for a fair fee) rather than feel the need to sell for a cut-down price in order to maintain the status quo.

Also, very interesting about the debentures (only in Scotland) and the third UEFA competition and considerations around that - be interesting to see if enough of the "smaller" nations can vote something through that allows them to be more competitive and gain more co-efficient points or if the big nations will block it. As much as we like to pretend to be in the know about both these sorts of things and sabre-rattling about what the club could/should do, it is good to understand some of the realities.

The new TV deal will be intriguing too - seems the club is keen to ensure fans through the turnstiles if they are happy to cut down on the number of televised games and seek better KO times.

I've heard similar before re: the commercial side of revenue at AFC being very competitive - especially through match-day hospitality (as much as some of us may moan about it, I think the RDS plays a huge part in this and was quite ahead of its time).

Quote Originally Posted by ItzMillerTime_Dons View Post
    Thanks to the OP - really interesting and great to take the time to share on here.

Genuine question re: the DNA / playing budget - would people rather we had to sell a player for £1million each summer or have DNA? From what has been said it seems like that is the choice - DNA wasn't replacing money that Milne/the Board were putting into the playing budget from their own pocket, it seems to have replaced the Hayes income so we can maintain the levels we had last season.
    Here's a pretty random thought that I thought I would throw out there.
    What if our multi millionaire chairman and / or the multi millionaire board members gave a small fraction of their millions to the playing budget due to them being "real" fans, like the rest of us, instead of asking the fans, who already pay for season tickets every year, to subsidise things?

Or, and even more random thought, is that if they don't want to give a tiny percentage of their wealth to the club they supposedly love, why don't they move to the side and let someone else in, who might....

Does anyone genuinely believe that £600k of DNA money is allowing us to compete with the top teams? Really?

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast