+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Driller

FAO Driller

Afternoon Driller

With the Dems winning the House I believe I owe you £20.

I still can't fathom out how to post a photo of any receipt I would get from any charity of your choice. Is there any place in town where I can leave an envelope with the cash for you to pick up, or any other suggestions?

Thanks

SP.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Afternoon Driller

I still can't fathom out how to post a photo of any receipt I would get from any charity of your choice. Is there any place in town where I can leave an envelope with the cash for you to pick up, or any other suggestions?

Thanks

SP.
    Hi Serious, I'm not in Nottingham and anyway trust you completely to donate the money. Only thing is I don't have a particular charity in mind, does anybody know of any smaller charities doing hands on work rather than one of the big behemoths like Oxfam?

Afternoon Driller

Thanks

SP.
    Nice one seriouspie.

I always respect a man who honours his bets.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Hi Serious, I'm not in Nottingham and anyway trust you completely to donate the money. Only thing is I don't have a particular charity in mind, does anybody know of any smaller charities doing hands on work rather than one of the big behemoths like Oxfam?
    You could donate it to the “60YearsAPie Home for Useless Footballers”. We run this for full-backs who can’t tackle; centre-halves who can’t jump; midfielders who can’t pass; forwards who can’t score. We’re overrun by applications for a place at the moment. Curiously, all applicants are from the same local club.

Thanks for the 'trust' factor Driller ..... no problem, the job will be done tomorrow.

The beneficiary will be the Beaumond House hospice in Newark who only give help and care for the local community. I raised a few quid for them a couple of years ago via a charity 6 a side cricket tournament which uncle Colin compered and kindly offered his services for free. They really do a fine job for the area and by coincidence I'm in Newark tomorrow.

Hope this is O.K. and just to finalise everything, you can ring them tomorrow afternoon on 01636 610556 to check I've done this.

.... Can't comment on the current crop as I haven't been to the 'Lane yet this year.

Mind you, over the years we've had many a team of 'Stumours' so we are all battle hardened to this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    You could donate it to the “60YearsAPie Home for Useless Footballers”. We run this for full-backs who can’t tackle; centre-halves who can’t jump; midfielders who can’t pass; forwards who can’t score. We’re overrun by applications for a place at the moment. Curiously, all applicants are from the same local club.
    Ahah it might be more humane to put them out of their misery and teach them how to open a pub.

Thanks for the 'trust' factor Driller ..... no problem, the job will be done tomorrow.

The beneficiary will be the Beaumond House hospice in Newark who only give help and care for the local community. I raised a few quid for them a couple of years ago via a charity 6 a side cricket tournament which uncle Colin compered and kindly offered his services for free. They really do a fine job for the area and by coincidence I'm in Newark tomorrow.

Hope this is O.K. and just to finalise everything, you can ring them tomorrow afternoon on 01636 610556 to check I've done this.
    Palliative care for patients with life limiting and terminal illnesses, and their families.

Sounds good to me Serious, excellent choice.

Palliative care for patients with life limiting and terminal illnesses, and their families.

Sounds good to me Serious, excellent choice.
    All done Driller ....... £20 very much appreciated by the two ladies on reception. If you ring (which I'd like you to do) I've left your username and mine so our anonymity is preserved. Well done anyway in accepting my bet and winning.