+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attendances

That’s a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    My point is though steve that the club reduced the prices to a really acceptable level and we pulled in less than half of what we normally attract .

The club will point this out when the question of pricing comes up .

We pull in 14 or 15k and you have some collateral to hit them with .

I'm not knocking folk for not attending but simply pointing out that the club have a ready made answer that's difficult to argue against .
    Fiver in against Bradford , they’d have to pay me to attend that one I’m afraid.

I think the sensible option is to offer at least one FA cup game to your ST card , maybe a league cup tie too along with the £12 ticket price for non ST holders .

If we get drawn away and it isn't used then it is what it is but it's on the card if needed .
    That seems fair and a good idea , a few seasons ago , I came across Barry Taylor , i was at the ground renewing my season ticket , i had always used my credit card to buy it and had done this for years no problem, on the day the club wanted to charge me £4 for using my card , I said no forget it , Baz heard this and rather insultingly said " if it's the money al give you £4 myself " its the principal I replied, we pay money up front and get nothing in return , What can we do then ? I replied Pre Season Friendlies , make them free for Season Ticket holders , it worked but only for one season though ,
    Last edited by Romared; 12-11-2018 at 04:36 PM.

I think the club could do more regarding advertising cheap tickets. I had absolutely no idea they reduced the price for Saturday's game. Might be only me who was unaware as I refrain from reading any newspapers or owt like that.

The fa cup has lost its sparkle for many. Fans just don't get it like they used to. I think they could re-ignite the competition by offering a champions league place to the winners and letting only the top 3 premiership teams qualify instead of 4. It will never happen but if it did I reckon the majority of clubs who field weakened teams(and I include the championship clubs in this) for fa cup ties will start to think twice. The prize would be too great for them not to take it seriously. It would also capture fans imagination too. They should take away the semi-finals from Wembley while they're at it. We have plenty of stadiums with large capacities spread all over this country where each team would get a decent allocation. Also make the fa cup final a 3pm last Saturday of the season like it used to be.

I fear this great competition will continue to go downhill unless these kind of changes are made

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I think the club could do more regarding advertising cheap tickets. I had absolutely no idea they reduced the price for Saturday's game. Might be only me who was unaware as I refrain from reading any newspapers or owt like that.

The fa cup has lost its sparkle for many. Fans just don't get it like they used to. I think they could re-ignite the competition by offering a champions league place to the winners and letting only the top 3 premiership teams qualify instead of 4. It will never happen but if it did I reckon the majority of clubs who field weakened teams(and I include the championship clubs in this) for fa cup ties will start to think twice. The prize would be too great for them not to take it seriously. It would also capture fans imagination too. They should take away the semi-finals from Wembley while they're at it. We have plenty of stadiums with large capacities spread all over this country where each team would get a decent allocation. Also make the fa cup final a 3pm last Saturday of the season like it used to be.

I fear this great competition will continue to go downhill unless these kind of changes are made
    That's a good post Pass although I'm not sure the Champions league rules are in the hands of the FA
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 12-11-2018 at 06:09 PM.

I think the sensible option is to offer at least one FA cup game to your ST card , maybe a league cup tie too along with the £12 ticket price for non ST holders .

If we get drawn away and it isn't used then it is what it is but it's on the card if needed .
    Perhaps along these lines but to encourage new match goers add one free ticket to a ST usable for any home league game.
    But limited to say 500 - 1000 per match, has to be booked in advance, first come first served.

Geeor Pass , even a blowk wia marble anna Mintoe for eyes ez seenit , ont official website and bin spocabart onneer Nubdi ez to go , arr dint and 6 farsand othus dint gu , ennyrooard why dunt all clubs Prem, Championship, Divs 1 and 2 plus non league teeams all start int fust rarnd ? Wats reason , ennybody know ?

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    Perhaps along these lines but to encourage new match goers add one free ticket to a ST usable for any home league game.
    But limited to say 500 - 1000 per match, has to be booked in advance, first come first served.
    Already paid for League games IK311 S/T holders should get some benefit surely ? Not just bringing sumdi along who mite go or not , they have promotional offers for that don't they ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Geeor Pass , even a blowk wia marble anna Mintoe for eyes ez seenit , ont official website and bin spocabart onneer Nubdi ez to go , arr dint and 6 farsand othus dint gu , ennyrooard why dunt all clubs Prem, Championship, Divs 1 and 2 plus non league teeams all start int fust rarnd ? Wats reason , ennybody know ?

As I say I dint evva clue abart it. No need to tek pyss

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Already paid for League games IK311 S/T holders should get some benefit surely ? Not just bringing sumdi along who mite go or not , they have promotional offers for that don't they ?
    For sure, I was thinking about how to raise the attendance levels more than benefits to ST holders TBH.
    Always remember a lad I worked with hated Football went to watch Liverpool at a European tie on a freebie with a friend and became hooked. Granted different level of standard etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast