+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendances

Attendances

We seem to be doing pretty well averaging just over eleven n half thousand , and we haven't had any large away followings yet, I noticed in the Championship Hull had less than 12k v WBA, Rovrum just over 9 k v Swansea , elsewhere plenty of poor Attendances , and some really good ones , not sure if in general fans are staying away because of pricing or just getting fed up ,

Av erd from a few places that we count attendances as "tickets sold" rather than the actual people in the grarnd. For example the kids Season Tickets who dunt attend and people like me who evva season ticket but ent been forra few weeks are counted az the "attendance".
    A wor a bit suspicious that the attendance Tuesday neet wo exactly 2300. My opinion would be that sumdi wo set opposite East Stand and looked across and sed "Tell 'em 2300, that's my guess".

Most clubs just count sales rather than a headcount.

Didn’t see it announced anywhere officially that it was 2300 but was mentioned in the commentary that it was about that.

Seem to be a lot of clubs not mentioning attendances in the Checkatrade now due to ridicule. Do they still put it in the program ? Not bought one for about 40yrs

Stopped buying programmes , get a team sheet thesedays , didn't look owt like 2300 exactly ? At a guess and seeing the photo's I would think half of that MAX ,
    Maybe adjusted ,to save embarrasment for the clowns that made an even bigger mockery of this competition ,
    what must Checkatrade think ? Depending on what money they have to pay ? , maybe it's cheaper for them, good or bad press involves their name , offset against tax etc ,it may be worthwhile ?
    Last edited by Romared; 08-11-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Too expensive imo. Nothing more, nothing less. Penny dropping now for most.

What's realistic price these day ? , it was £23 last Setdi v Southend , not reyt that , Season ticket is always best option , but many either carnt afoord it or just don't think what's on offer is good enuff , it dunt bother me reyt nar , I'm happy enough , paid top whack plenty of years , so gerrin some benefits from that , younger fans may think differently ? If it gets daft pricing ? Al pay a fiva and watch non league football , which i really enjoy , the FA / FL have sold us down the river , make no mistake the likes of us are finished .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    What's realistic price these day ? , it was £23 last Setdi v Southend , not reyt that , Season ticket is always best option , but many either carnt afoord it or just don't think what's on offer is good enuff , it dunt bother me reyt nar , I'm happy enough , paid top whack plenty of years , so gerrin some benefits from that , younger fans may think differently ? If it gets daft pricing ? Al pay a fiva and watch non league football , which i really enjoy , the FA / FL have sold us down the river , make no mistake the likes of us are finished .
    most non league grounds charge a tenner

It warra fiver adult last time i went to Emley , Brigg or Rec , concessions £3 , has it changed now ? Not been this season to any , reason I'm asking ? Having said that the standard of football overall isn't worth a fiver , shocking at times , and that's the premier league I'm on about ,

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Too expensive imo. Nothing more, nothing less. Penny dropping now for most.
    Attendances are rising though on average which isn’t bad with the amount of football on the tv

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    It warra fiver adult last time i went to Emley , Brigg or Rec , concessions £3 , has it changed now ? Not been this season to any , reason I'm asking ? Having said that the standard of football overall isn't worth a fiver , shocking at times , and that's the premier league I'm on about ,
    watch frickly about a month ago that was a tenner wi prog same at parkgate.
    prem is cheaper than championship except the top clubs in london.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast