+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attendances

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    prem is cheaper than championship except the top clubs in london.
    By gerrin ovva £100 million in "prize money" fo cummin bottom in Prem (plus parachute payments) and all uvva revenue all Prem clubs cud charge a fiver fo tickets and not notice the difference.

A think that £10 to watch local non league clubs is too much , I haven't been to any this season ,and unlikely to do so now at that price , I have noticed that attendances are well down in this area , just 18 months ago attendances for most local teams were very good ,

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    By gerrin ovva £100 million in "prize money" fo cummin bottom in Prem (plus parachute payments) and all uvva revenue all Prem clubs cud charge a fiver fo tickets and not notice the difference.
    Read an article recently that said the revenue raised by ticket sales are so insignificant for larger clubs compared to TV revenue and commercial deals that they could play in empty stadiums and would not affect them financially.
    Which brings you back to why charge so much for tickets

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Most clubs just count sales rather than a headcount.

Didn’t see it announced anywhere officially that it was 2300 but was mentioned in the commentary that it was about that.

Seem to be a lot of clubs not mentioning attendances in the Checkatrade now due to ridicule. Do they still put it in the program ? Not bought one for about 40yrs

Think it was Arsenal where this first came out, cos they were claiming sold out every home game, when the pictures showed swathes of empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    Read an article recently that said the revenue raised by ticket sales are so insignificant for larger clubs compared to TV revenue and commercial deals that they could play in empty stadiums and would not affect them financially.
    Which brings you back to why charge so much for tickets
    Totally agree.

It was £10 or £12 on saturday and we still didn't make 6k , 800 from Notts too .

We aren't helping ourselves are we really ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It was £10 or £12 on saturday and we still didn't make 6k , 800 from Notts too .

We aren't helping ourselves are we really ?
    I didn't go because I couldn't be ar5ed. The early rounds of the cup don't do it for me. It's the third round where it gets interesting for me. I couldn't give a monkey's about little old Guisely and them being everyone's second team for a week then forgotten about. The whole competition is a cliche for me.

I just wish that BBC would stop milking it's coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I didn't go because I couldn't be ar5ed. The early rounds of the cup don't do it for me. It's the third round where it gets interesting for me. I couldn't give a monkey's about little old Guisely and them being everyone's second team for a week then forgotten about. The whole competition is a cliche for me.

I just wish that BBC would stop milking it's coverage.
    My point is though steve that the club reduced the prices to a really acceptable level and we pulled in less than half of what we normally attract .

The club will point this out when the question of pricing comes up .

We pull in 14 or 15k and you have some collateral to hit them with .

I'm not knocking folk for not attending but simply pointing out that the club have a ready made answer that's difficult to argue against .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    My point is though steve that the club reduced the prices to a really acceptable level and we pulled in less than half of what we normally attract .

The club will point this out when the question of pricing comes up .

We pull in 14 or 15k and you have some collateral to hit them with .

I'm not knocking folk for not attending but simply pointing out that the club have a ready made answer that's difficult to argue against .
    I’ve made the point on another thread Animal, there’s been a lot of games in the first third of the season that are “Do-able” and it’s. Probably hit a few pockets all at once, rather than spread out over the season. That said, they have reduce prices for the chickatrade and cup March so they are actually doing their bit, Chickatrade adds a run of around 4 extra matches and remember it’s the “run up” to Christmas now too.
    Only so much brass to go round

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’ve made the point on another thread Animal, there’s been a lot of games in the first third of the season that are “Do-able” and it’s. Probably hit a few pockets all at once, rather than spread out over the season. That said, they have reduce prices for the chickatrade and cup March so they are actually doing their bit, Chickatrade adds a run of around 4 extra matches and remember it’s the “run up” to Christmas now too.
    Only so much brass to go round
    I think the sensible option is to offer at least one FA cup game to your ST card , maybe a league cup tie too along with the £12 ticket price for non ST holders .

If we get drawn away and it isn't used then it is what it is but it's on the card if needed .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast