+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Saturday game moved to a Friday night

Another Saturday game moved to a Friday night

Sheffield United game has been moved by Sky to December 14th

This is getting completely out of hand!

On top of having played Sheffield Wednesday away on an actual Wednesday, this is absolutely w@nk.

Vexed.

Really pissed off by this, ruined a day out in Sheffield for four of us. Five out of six successive games moved for Sky’s fat lard arses who don’t actually go to matches. It would be good if there was a movement that sabotaged the Sky TV broadcasts, that would be so satisfying, I would join it!

People should stop subscribing to sky/BT that’s the only way it will hit them

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    People should stop subscribing to sky/BT that’s the only way it will hit them
    Can't, I've never subscribed to either .

It's not the fault of the TV Companies. Their job is to sell subscriptions and advertising and live football does a great job for them.

Next season you can add Amazon to the list showing live Prem games. 200 will be shown which is over half the matches. Where will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Can't, I've never subscribed to either .

I may be in the minority - don't mind Friday games as it goes well with a few pints and more time at weekends with the kids. Saturday at 5.30 is a pain in the ass as it takes up the complete day and restricts what you can do in the evening!

I hope this Friday is a MASSIVE improvement on the last time we were in this city!

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    It's not the fault of the TV Companies. Their job is to sell subscriptions and advertising and live football does a great job for them.
    Morning 9, that reads as something of a contradiction on my end of the internet. Whilst acknowledging the mutually beneficial commercial aspects for clubs and TV companies, I'm a little nonplussed as to your logic. It's their job but it's not their fault those wishing to attend games in person are grossly inconvenienced?

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Morning 9, that reads as something of a contradiction on my end of the internet. Whilst acknowledging the mutually beneficial commercial aspects for clubs and TV companies, I'm a little nonplussed as to your logic. It's their job but it's not their fault those wishing to attend games in person are grossly inconvenienced?
    Hi. Don't understand what you don't understand.

Football doesn't have to sell an ever increasing number of games it chooses to. It is only of benefit to the Premier League if the Premier League needs more money. Anyone care to argue that one?

Football is actually devaluing its product. I think the actual price per match they are paying has actually decreased as the number shown has increased.

Football should use take up the following negotiating stance. Greatly reduce the number of matches available to 2 a week and only have 1 package. Sky in particular would have to ensure they outbid everyone. Result good money for football and more Saturday football for the true fans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)