+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive Match in Dingwall

Quote Originally Posted by Jeztheshed View Post
    Well done to the members of the Tangerine Army that have sold out the RC ticket allocation. A strong away support plus the momentum from our recent run and the desire from our players to save face from the 1-5 Csambles at home will create a tough challenge for county. Would be delighted with three points but ok with tHaving of the games under Neilson so far I'm gutted to miss this one.
    My young lad is going and their bus was booked up almost as soon as it was advertised,that's the quickest its filled up for years.There is no doubt the manager has got things back on track,such a pity he was not appointed when he should have been.

I'm up today as well and can't say I'm massively confident. It's difficult to see how a team can turn around a 5-1 defeat from just a few weeks ago to the same opposition but this time away from home. Truth be told I'd take a draw right now. Having said that I think today really will be the first true test as to how things have progressed with the change of Manager. I live in hope but as ever I'll continue to follow my team on the park.

C'MON UNITED!!!

The 5-1 defeat reflected the incompetence of the manager at the time nt the team. We have moved on from there and progression has been made.

That said it will still be a big ask for us to win today bt I dnt think it’s beyound us. Wld take a draw bt a win, although nt season defining, wld be massive!

COME ON UTD!!

All about the effort of the players today. If we play well and get beat, then so be it. We are still short on a couple of players! We are capable of getting the win if we play to our strengths today though. My only concern is that Ross County will try to boot us off the park to try and knock our growing confidence ....my hopes are for a strong ref today that will protect our players. 2-1 united if the ref is decent....2-1 Ross county if he let's our players take a booting!

We have never had a ref in the highlands that protected us

One thing I've noticed is that in contrast to Ray and Shambles, RN isn't just sitting there and taking it. He notably had a word with the ref at half-time against ICT, clearly over failure to clamp down on the hammer throwing. Result? Second half - ump**** yellows and Donaldson sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I'm up today as well and can't say I'm massively confident. It's difficult to see how a team can turn around a 5-1 defeat from just a few weeks ago to the same opposition but this time away from home. Truth be told I'd take a draw right now. Having said that I think today really will be the first true test as to how things have progressed with the change of Manager. I live in hope but as ever I'll continue to follow my team on the park.

C'MON UNITED!!!
    In normal circumstances i would agree that a team beaten 5-1 at home cannot go away and expect anything bar a hammering against the same opponents.Fortunately Shabba was binned after that game and i expect a much improved performance today,i am not predicting a win but i do think the fans will return from Dingwall with renewed hope for the rest of the season.
    Noah if you are looking in i predict a few just back from Dingwall posts tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    In normal circumstances i would agree that a team beaten 5-1 at home cannot go away and expect anything bar a hammering against the same opponents.Fortunately Shabba was binned after that game and i expect a much improved performance today,i am not predicting a win but i do think the fans will return from Dingwall with renewed hope for the rest of the season.
    Noah if you are looking in i predict a few just back from Dingwall posts tonight.
    I'll be hitting 88 in my DeLorean GB, so should have match reports up before five mate. :-)

at its peak the monorail did dingwall to dundee in 3 minutes

not going today though - is it on arabzone?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)