+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive Match in Dingwall

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I'm up today as well and can't say I'm massively confident. It's difficult to see how a team can turn around a 5-1 defeat from just a few weeks ago to the same opposition but this time away from home. Truth be told I'd take a draw right now. Having said that I think today really will be the first true test as to how things have progressed with the change of Manager. I live in hope but as ever I'll continue to follow my team on the park.

C'MON UNITED!!!
    Worth remembering we conceded about 3 goals that day that were exactly the same!!! That was a bit of an odd one. It will be tough today but I have a lot of hope right now

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Worth remembering we conceded about 3 goals that day that were exactly the same!!! That was a bit of an odd one. It will be tough today but I have a lot of hope right now
    Part of the issue was how Shabba had us defending that day and Robsons lack of experience coupled with a number of players who looked like they had enough!

Hopefully Booth is over his hamstring issues and Frans or Edje are fully fit or we will be looking at loosing a couple! More people working for the team and manager will be the main difference. Not bothered by the score, as long as the effort is there!

Gutted i cant be there though!

No Frans or Booth

Siegrist
    Watson Bouhenna Edge Murdoch
    Fyvie Stanton
    Aird McMullan King
    Safranko

Subs: Rakovan, Curran, Clark, Smith, Rabitsch, Barton and Robson

Oh well! Its either a different formation, or.....
    Siegrist,
    Watson, Bouhenna, Edge, Murdoch,
    Stanton, Fyvie,
    Aird, King, McMullan,
    Safranko.

Lost a bit of confidence with the prospect of Watson or Murdoch at LB!

Murdoch has played left back before for us and done ok

Watson played right back away to Partick

Obviously it's not ideal not having our best back four but still enough there to get a result

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Murdoch has played left back before for us and done ok

Watson played right back away to Partick

Obviously it's not ideal not having our best back four but still enough there to get a result
    I do remember that, but that wasnt against a better "team" than us.

And as i dont officially know how they are lining up, i mention Watson as a possible LB!

As for best back 4, Watson has been good, Bouhenna has been very good, Edje might just have been the best ive seen from him and Murdoch does ok wherever he is along the back line.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If anyone out there had said to me in 2014 that DUFC will be plying their trade at Championship level for years i would have laughed at them.For us to be 13/2 to win this league behind clubs with a good junior team fan base is an FN minter of the highest order,FACT.
    Totally agree with you GUNBOAT and it's very difficult to get away from that sort of thinking. But it has been said a number of times over this season and the previous two - this is where we are and this is what we've got. We can't keep looking back, the only way we get out of this situation is to look forward. We have to take a positive attitude in to every game. Looking at where we were 4 or 5 years ago won't help, nor will looking at where we were 5 or 6 weeks ago when Ross County took us to the cleaners. We need to look at where we are now and how we go forward.

Couldnae find a bus with seats available from Tuesday onwards. Gutted. Hope 2-1 United but take a draw. 'Mon!

Watson! Who needs strikers!

1-0 Paul Watson the goal machine

Billy Dodds saying very much against run of play, they always start fast though to be fair

Thought it was a home goal, fans are loud in great voice

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)