+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Massive Match in Dingwall

Maybe should have had another thread but i expect the usual 2 or 3 out before we get people in which to me is not fully backing the manager. Get those players in, THEN remove the dross, then that is backing the manager.

Scobbie and Barton out for starters, then i think Loemba might be on the shoogly peg. Looks a talent but not the kind of player we need just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Maybe should have had another thread but i expect the usual 2 or 3 out before we get people in which to me is not fully backing the manager. Get those players in, THEN remove the dross, then that is backing the manager.

Scobbie and Barton out for starters, then i think Loemba might be on the shoogly peg. Looks a talent but not the kind of player we need just now.
    Think this will get a thread to itself, and it's good news, but I'm not seeing where the moneys coming from to add players before others leave. Unless we've won the lottery and Martin is keeping it quiet. Example - If player A leaves and is replaced by player B but player B is a better quality player and consequently gets paid more then that is surely considered to be backing the manager?

So long as it doesn't involve signing Emil Lyng or a pub player from Barnet then anything else would be an improvement. Asides from that, going back to Black Monday and the Tim Two debacle, recent January transfer windows have absolutely killed us for a whole host of different reasons. We must get it right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    So long as it doesn't involve signing Emil Lyng or a pub player from Barnet then anything else would be an improvement. Asides from that, going back to Black Monday and the Tim Two debacle, recent January transfer windows have absolutely killed us for a whole host of different reasons. We must get it right this time.
    Given RN’s attitude, outlook, commitment, tactics and prowess I’m sure he will bring in only players who will bring something to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

There is a bit of dead wood there. RN has said he would want a smaller squad. Is Curran ever likely to get a game. Could toshney ever be sent elsewhere - maybe Falkirk with Ray hopefully. Scobbie and Barton definitely to go. Loemba has something and wouldn’t write him off.

January not easy time to get players in but decent loans might be realistic

Decent loans must be the answer. That's how Neil Lennon did it. At the Q & A last week RN made it clear he felt the squad was too big when it comes to keeping players motivated and what's the point in paying wages to players who don't even get near the bench. He also wants the young players pushing to get a chance too. They need to see a clear path.
    If we could bring in players better than we have. That is what the scouting system is looking for all the time.
    It's a difficult balance. In Robbie we trust!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)