+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From a tent to the Turf

At least we try and prevent it sinkov.

Do we BT ? This is the headline from the Independent in October 2017, over a year ago now.

"More than 400 British Isis jihadis have already returned to UK"

God knows how many more have returned in the last year, and you seriously think this is a government trying to protect it's citizen's from terror attacks ?

Of the counties you mention, Turkey is certainly trying to prevent terror attacks, and if I was a terrorist I think I'd much rather be apprehended by our security services than theirs. Over here I'd be back on the streets soon enough, in Turkey I doubt I'd see the light of day ever again, they really do take it seriously. In Egypt the government is fighting a daily running battle with terrorists, they decimate the Muslim Brotherhood at every opportunity. The terrorists might succeed occasionally in these countries, as they do here, but to suggest they're not trying, and we are, is ridiculous. I'm not sure what your problem is with Morocco, our FO tells us it's a country saturated with terrorists waiting to strike, but the reality is there have only been two major attacks in Morocco this century, the last one in 2011.

Take your pick, Manchester, London, Istanbul, Marrakesh, Cairo, New York, Paris. To be honest BT you're not 100% safe in any of them, and who knows where they'll strike next ?

It's a shambles sinkov. We have Prague, Paris and Fuerteventura coming up next. Que sera sera!

I'd worry more about the aeroplanes than terrorists BT. It's a long way down if owt goes wrong.

Aeroplanes don't bother me at all sinkov, it's some eejit with a gripe and an AK47 in a confined space that worries the crap out of me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Aeroplanes don't bother me at all sinkov, it's some eejit with a gripe and an AK47 in a confined space that worries the crap out of me!
    They should because I was an aero engine inspector BT..

If you had seen some of the things I have seen,you would never ever fly again..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    They should because I was an aero engine inspector BT..

If you had seen some of the things I have seen,you would never ever fly again..
    I can remember a long while ago Alfie we were on the tarmac in Ibiza when the pilot said we were being delayed due to technical difficulties. Looking out the window I could see some guy in white overalls, a step ladder and a toolbox appear. He climbed up his ladder, got a spanner out and started rooting around in the engine compartment. After ten minutes he seemed to have sorted the problem, and I was mightily relieved to see that after he got down off his ladder, he climbed up the steps and into the aircraft. If he was flying with us I thought, he must be confident the problem's resolved. This was back in the 70s in the Dan Air days, it wasn't you was it ?

Can we talk about summat else please?

I have to make this flight next year on the way to Everest base camp...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcjwaDUn3fg

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can remember a long while ago Alfie we were on the tarmac in Ibiza when the pilot said we were being delayed due to technical difficulties. Looking out the window I could see some guy in white overalls, a step ladder and a toolbox appear. He climbed up his ladder, got a spanner out and started rooting around in the engine compartment. After ten minutes he seemed to have sorted the problem, and I was mightily relieved to see that after he got down off his ladder, he climbed up the steps and into the aircraft. If he was flying with us I thought, he must be confident the problem's resolved. This was back in the 70s in the Dan Air days, it wasn't you was it ?
    It was probably a bird strike from the last flight and the spanner was used to knock it off the fan blade it was wedged in..lol

Whatever it was Alf it worked, I'm still here..........for now anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)