Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Score, scorers and away attendance prediction vs. Barnsley 10/11/18 FAC1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,446

    Score, scorers and away attendance prediction vs. Barnsley 10/11/18 FAC1

    Barnsley 2 - 3 Notts

    Alessandra, Boldewijn and Turley with a 93rd minute headed winner.

    634 Notts fans

    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  15.6 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-11-2018 at 10:07 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,457
    We should expect another solid hammering:

    Barnsley 3 - 0 Notts

    However, this is exactly the sort of game where Notts pull a decent performance out of the bag, like away at Middlesbrough. So know knows...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,341
    Barnsley 1 Notts 1

    Boldewijn

    I wouldn't be so optimistic about a replay

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    966
    I think we will lose 3-1.
    Barnsley are doing well, particularly at home. We have been poor since the start of the year, especially away from home. I canít see any reason for optimism.
    Forgot to add that there will be the inevitable melt down all over social media and NCM about how pants we are and HK ainít got a clue.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think we will lose 3-1.
    Barnsley are doing well, particularly at home. We have been poor since the start of the year, especially away from home. I canít see any reason for optimism.
    Forgot to add that there will be the inevitable melt down all over social media and NCM about how pants we are and HK ainít got a clue.
    Yeah they're a good team and they score goals as well. You never know in the cup but it's a head over heart 4-0 for me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,624
    Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    We should expect another solid hammering:

    Barnsley 3 - 0 Notts

    However, this is exactly the sort of game where Notts pull a decent performance out of the bag, like away at Middlesbrough. So know knows...
    I am usually optimistic in my forecast but this was my first thought too.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,094
    Barnsley 4, Notts 0. Chance to freshen things up - there must be some more centre halves we can wedge into the team? Maybe Keston Davies, if Swansea allow us to play him (assume so if he’s on a season-long loan)?

    At least I’ll get the weekend off watching another miserable performance, given that the game won’t be shown on iFollow. Is there a way to listen to the Radio Nottingham commentary if you’re overseas?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Barnsley 4, Notts 0. Chance to freshen things up - there must be some more centre halves we can wedge into the team? Maybe Keston Davies, if Swansea allow us to play him (assume so if he’s on a season-long loan)?

    At least I’ll get the weekend off watching another miserable performance, given that the game won’t be shown on iFollow. Is there a way to listen to the Radio Nottingham commentary if you’re overseas?
    VPN and Radio Nottingham website!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,446
    Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Barnsley 4, Notts 0. Chance to freshen things up - there must be some more centre halves we can wedge into the team? Maybe Keston Davies, if Swansea allow us to play him (assume so if heís on a season-long loan)?

    At least Iíll get the weekend off watching another miserable performance, given that the game wonít be shown on iFollow. Is there a way to listen to the Radio Nottingham commentary if youíre overseas?
    IFollow app

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,920
    Barnsley 3-1 Notts. Think we will put up a brave right until they score their first goal after 5 mins then it willl be like watching the Oldham game again, only worse.

    Stead penalty in added time for Notts.

    678 Notts fans

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,660
    3-3

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    22,531
    Our only real hope is that Barnsley will make promotion their priority and play a weakened team.

    Even if they do, we will also play a weak team because we don't have a strong one!

    Barnsley 3-0 Notts

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,094
    Thanks for the iFollow tips. Two things about the game, which is as tough a draw as we could have got:

    1 We always talk about wanting a good cup run, especially when our season is otherwise diabolical (ie, most years), but basically don’t we want a couple of chances of being on TV in the first and second rounds (away at non-league sides), then a plum home draw in the third round - again on TV - an honorable draw, and then a money-spinning replay where we lose narrowly and avoid conceding 8 goals? Anything more just becomes a distraction in our promotion/relegation fight.

    2 Barnsley seem to be one of those under-the-radar success stories of a small town club that consistently produce good players and punch above their weight, becoming a yo-yo team between the Championship and League 1. Someone worth trying to emulate.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eire
    Posts
    2,805
    Tykes3- 0 Notts

    Head ruling the

  15. #15
    I lost interest in this seasonís F A Cup as soon as the draw was made. I can only agree with the several people on here whoíve said 3-0 to Barnsley.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    632
    This could get really REALLY ugly. I would be happy with 4-0.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,385
    Barnsley 5-0 Notts
    Sadly I see a hammering coming.. let's hope Barnsley rest a few players and we keep it respectable

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    7,180
    4-1

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    572
    0-1 Own goal wins it for Notts.
    Last time i was at Barnsley Rachid Harkouk was playing and we won 3-1 that score would do too.
    501 specs from Nottm.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    21,328
    Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    0-1 Own goal wins it for Notts.
    Last time i was at Barnsley Rachid Harkouk was playing and we won 3-1 that score would do too.
    501 specs from Nottm.

    Barnsley 6-0 Notts.

    I think we will prob be the better team until they score their first goal on @ 2 mins, after that it's downhill all the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •