+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wayne Rooney Farewell Cap

Wayne Rooney Farewell Cap

So Mr Southgate is bringing Rooney back for a Farewell Cap.

Some are saying that the England shirt is being devalued by doing so, I'd agree, but its been devalued before with David "Brand" Beckham, and IMO Southgate was never the man to lead England, and this decision for me confirms it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-friendly.html

I fail to see the problem with a sentimental recognition for England's leading all time goal scorer, with a 120th "Ceremonial Cap".

I think it's a lovely gesture from Southgate, but as usual our parsimonious money grabbing FA will pocket all the gate receipts, whilst still refusing to pay the Wembley staff the minimum wage.

Enjoy your evening Wayne and I hope the FA will chuck a £100,000 towards your charities.

Never been a big fan of Rooney, but I've no idea why so many in the media are kicking off about this. The only people it really effects are the players, and I can't see any of them having the slightest problem with Rooney getting some recognition for his services to his country. It will make not the slightest difference to our performances or results in competive games in the future, if ever there was a storm in a tea cup this is it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)