+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why one half?

Why one half?

I'm an expat in South Africa, been a supporter for about 55 years. Don't get a lot of info out here but one thing is puzzling. From here, it appears that the team are content to keep out the other team for the first half and then rely on scoring goals in the second half. That means playing the first half against maybe seven attackers which will probably lead to a catch up chase. Surely it's better to play a 90 min. attacking game (within reason). Am I not reading the situation correctly? I'm sure somebody can explain UTW

I personally don't think you are reading the situation correctly. We are trying to attack in the first half and an early goal would be terrific for the team. However, the clubs are in the Premier League for a reason, they are the best teams in the country. They teams we have played so far have been in the Premier for many years, and have league experience. They have had time to improve their squads with Premiership cash to spend. We need to stay in the top league and build from there.

We have not played any of the promoted teams yet, and lets be honest, both Fulham and Cardiff are struggling. We have done well against both of the Manchester sides and with a bit of luck we should have gone into half time against Spurs at 2-1. All the sides we have played so far, know at the final whistle that they have been in a game. We have some winnable games on the horizon, but also some tough ones with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the next two months.

Thanks mate, that makes it clearer

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)