+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Norwich- The Millers - Should We Be Surprised?

Norwich- The Millers - Should We Be Surprised?

Last season I was watching Football Focus and they were doing a piece on Norwich.

The thing that struck me back then was the way they were building and a certain investment that the club had made that had gone unnoticed.

During the closed season they had recruited the recruitment manager from Huddersfield Town. This guy had made it his business for some time whilst at Huddersfield to track managers and players in the lower leagues of the German leagues as well as other leagues in Europe.

It seems to be paying off for them but it didn't happen over night in the same way as when he was at Huddersfield.

We have heaped praise on the management team at Rotherham but are we giving enough credit to the man with the computer programme with us? Let's face it we seem to have had a better class of player since he arrived not only ones who can cope with the Championship but also League 1.

There are always going to be one or two that don't make the grade but they're well used in training. If the team has to set up to play a certain formation we need quality players to be able to mimmick other teams.

How much do you think he's changed us?

The only comparison we have to Norwich is PW has appointed people he knows & trusts.

Daniel Farke came from Borussia Dortmund. He fetched in ......
    Edmund Riemer - assistant head coach who he worked with at B.D.and Lippstadt 08.
    Christian Fluthmann - First Team Coach from Borussia Dortmund.
    Chris Domogalla - Sports Science - and yes from Borussia Dortmund.

Jamie Johnson is doing a decent job under difficult circumstances. He won't be here forever.
    He only targets players that ought to be able to do a job for us and checks their background, injury history. It's up to our Management team to decide if the players are worth signing......
    Some you win......some you lose.....not every signing will work out as planned.
    Still a long way to go.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 09-11-2018 at 11:48 AM.

All down to teamwork and everybody has played a part to achieve promotion and our current position in the championship,onwards and upwards hopefully,also to be included are the fans especially that bunch of us who travel away to support,most of whom seem to never tire or give up even during dark times.,That buzz i felt when I was a kid has never left me watching my team,much pride over the years.

A mate of mine sent to me a photo of George Kerr last night.

I always think that and watching Danny Bigora's team as an apprenticeship

Tough times frog but it was character building.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    All down to teamwork and everybody has played a part to achieve promotion and our current position in the championship,onwards and upwards hopefully,also to be included are the fans especially that bunch of us who travel away to support,most of whom seem to never tire or give up even during dark times.,That buzz i felt when I was a kid has never left me watching my team,much pride over the years.
    ^^^^ This^^^^

Good post hotun.
    It's in the DNA, it's in the blood, especially when we were in the depths of Divion Four ( League 2 )
    It was usually the same old diehards that went to the away games, still is when results start dropping off.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    A mate of mine sent to me a photo of George Kerr last night.
    I always think that and watching Danny Bigora's team as an apprenticeship
    I always thought George Kerr was a bit of an @r5ehole. Since I've read up on him whilst he was with us I've changed my mind slightly.
    Danny Bergara didn't stand a chance....we were doomed....
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 09-11-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    This 100%