+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beggars

Cant see the link between Brexit and beggery. If anything Universal Credit could potentially increase homelessness in that housing benefit is now paid direct to the claimant instead of the landlord as was the case previously. This as already led to many getting into debt to the landlord for non payment.

Brexit will damage our economy, therefore the government (whichever party) will have less to spend on social issues, such as dealing with the causes of people being homeless and sleeping rough. Simple to comprehend.

Brexit will not damage our economy, therefore the government (whichever party) will have more to spend on social issues, such as dealing with the causes of people being homeless and sleeping rough. Simple to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    If Brexit goes ahead, there will be more beggars on the streets than there are now. It is just ludicrous to go ahead with this shambles. As much as I dislike referenda, we badly need another vote to stop the madness. A general election would be a waste of time as both main parties are just as divided over the issue. Dump Brexit.
    Okay then Kets....we just keep having a vote until you remoaners get the result you want then do we?

Do you believe in democracy or only when it suits you?

I don’t believe in running towards a cliff edge wearing a blindfold. Also, I don’t want the country to be run by the idiots that champion Brexit. At least those remainers in Parliament have some degree of common sense.

Anyway, the villain of the piece is that fool Cameron. The result of his stupidity has split the country in half. Referenda are too divisive to be a tool of government.

I don’t believe in running towards a cliff edge wearing a blindfold. Also, I don’t want the country to be run by the idiots that champion Brexit. At least those remainers in Parliament have some degree of common sense.

Anyway, the villain of the piece is that fool Cameron. The result of his stupidity has split the country in half. Referenda are too divisive to be a tool of government.
    Just so as I fully understand......we keep on voting until we get the result you want?

If Brexit goes ahead, there will be more beggars on the streets than there are now. It is just ludicrous to go ahead with this shambles. As much as I dislike referenda, we badly need another vote to stop the madness. A general election would be a waste of time as both main parties are just as divided over the issue. Dump Brexit.
    Why dump Brexit? Can't you see that our MP's are petrified of missing out on their dream of being permanent EU appointees as opposed to having to present themselves for re-election every five years? Who's organised this shambles? It certainly wasn't those who voted is it?. It's going to be tough either way from now on, but not so tough as it was for those who paid the ultimate in order to preserve our freedom to choose who governs us.

We’ve had over two years of this tripe of cliff edges, crashing and blindfolds and there’s still no sign of these old remoaners calling it quits. If they were to put as much enthusiasm into fighting more important things, such as war, poverty, homelessness, burglaries, stabbings, muggings, grooming gangs as they do into fighting the democratically expressed will of the majority, then the world would be a far better place.

Brexit will damage our economy, therefore the government (whichever party) will have less to spend on social issues, such as dealing with the causes of people being homeless and sleeping rough. Simple to comprehend.
    Patronising fool

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Okay then Kets....we just keep having a vote until you remoaners get the result you want then do we?

Do you believe in democracy or only when it suits you?
    People are hijacking the democratic process here.

Firstly, the referendum was completely flawed, in that people were lied to and mislead. Secondly, its not anti democratic to have another democratic vote, its probably the opposite.

Thirdly, flipping it on its head - I could argue that leaving with no deal is anti democratic, because no one can confirm that all 17m people who voted leave, voted in favour of a no deal Brexit. In my view there is no mandate for it. Or did they all vote in favour of Theresa May's Chequers deal?

But mostly, everyone who voted in the last referendum have more information available to them about the outlook of leaving the EU now than what they did 2 years ago to make an informed decision.

There is no doubt in the short to mid term, Brexit will make us poorer. I can't see how anyone can dispute that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)