+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paul Hart

I don't think anyone outside the Club can be certain what Hart & Chettle actually do or what they get paid for doing it.

Some coaching staff are necessary but we always seem to have a lot of people advising and/or assisting the manager - quite why a league 2 team requires all that support plus the extra salary burden is another matter. There is never likely to be much public clarity about the roles, who actually wanted the personnel or their relative values or that matter.

They are just another drain on the already stretched resources.. If we had a proper manager then there would have been no need to have employed them.. Im sure Accrington dont have the luxury of all this wasteful staff..And they are doing ok..

Spot on durhampie. What a wasteful way to run a business.

As I've said before, Paul Hart is one of those people who seem to pick up jobs in football management (or in this case Director of Football) without much evidence in their record to support the confidence shown in them. Without doubt, Hart's talent lies in developing young players, and his best spell in management at Forest came from blooding such players, but the rest of his managerial record, including his transfer dealing, is underwhelming. If his job at Notts County is to manage the youth system, then we can probably look forward to a bright future in that regard, but in terms of advice on managing the senior team I don't see him as great source of advice for Harry Kewell.

Paul Hart has nothing to do with the first team the minute the players are signed, his job should be working on building the first team for the future and whilst the transfer window is shut you're not likely to see him doing anything at all. Are people expecting written reports on young players when they demand to know "AND WHAT DOES PAUL HART EVEN DO??" when we lose a few games?

He might advise Kewell on a few things if and when needed just as any other manager/coach Kewell has worked with/for in the past might do but other than that he's basically not worth us discussing until there comes a point where we should or should not question any young players being brought into the club. His job role is about the long term, so asking what he's done in the short term isn't likely to bring any exciting answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    I don't think anyone outside the Club can be certain what Hart & Chettle actually do or what they get paid for doing it.

Some coaching staff are necessary but we always seem to have a lot of people advising and/or assisting the manager - quite why a league 2 team requires all that support plus the extra salary burden is another matter. There is never likely to be much public clarity about the roles, who actually wanted the personnel or their relative values or that matter.
    Have to agree with this 150% Pies, I wonder who advised Sir Jimmy, Neil Warnock & Big Sam.

They must have had someone in that Roll they were successful.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Paul Hart has nothing to do with the first team the minute the players are signed, his job should be working on building the first team for the future and whilst the transfer window is shut you're not likely to see him doing anything at all. Are people expecting written reports on young players when they demand to know "AND WHAT DOES PAUL HART EVEN DO??" when we lose a few games?

He might advise Kewell on a few things if and when needed just as any other manager/coach Kewell has worked with/for in the past might do but other than that he's basically not worth us discussing until there comes a point where we should or should not question any young players being brought into the club. His job role is about the long term, so asking what he's done in the short term isn't likely to bring any exciting answers.
    Whether he has anything or nothing to do with the first team or not, he now sits on the Bench and has done for the last two games to my knowledge at the expense of Norm, he must be getting his feet under the table as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Whether he has anything or nothing to do with the first team or not, he now sits on the Bench and has done for the last two games to my knowledge at the expense of Norm, he must be getting his feet under the table as they say.

Worth a look???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46180231

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    No.

We have a manager at the moment - we need to stick with him. This chopping and changing hasn't worked - I think we should try the longer term approach.

I know there's the reality of the non-league trapdoor but I honestly do not think we'll go down. Things will look up and we'll finish mid-table imo.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I know there's the reality of the non-league trapdoor but I honestly do not think we'll go down. Things will look up and we'll finish mid-table imo.
    Our form under Kewell already suggests mid table despite what most seem to think as they are just completely ignoring how good we looked before the international break. (and for large parts against Swindon and until the ref gifted MK Dons a win)

Back to Directors of Football.

It's funny how people can use the to defend a manager they like but then complain that they're a waste of money with a manager they don't like.

The amount of fans that cling on to Craig Short only being a god awful manager because he didn't get the DoF that was promised to him... Or the fans that say Shaun Derry was dragged down by his assistant Greg Abbott... Now all of a sudden people are questioning why Kewell needs a DoF and what he does to assist him..?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast