+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with awkward journalists

That was a good read just before I go to bed and listen to an OM Chant, I'm not saying what I've just read is true or false as I bow to your greater knowledge of those issues, don't take this the wrong way 59, but I'd still want out and be in the cold, rather than shackled to the corrupt organisation called the EU.

Now get to bed or you'll feel terrible tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    That was a good read just before I go to bed and listen to an OM Chant, I'm not saying what I've just read is true or false as I bow to your greater knowledge of those issues, don't take this the wrong way 59, but I'd still want out and be in the cold, rather than shackled to the corrupt organisation called the EU.

Now get to bed or you'll feel terrible tomorrow
    If you get the chance today Alto just google live photos of Hong Kong, Seattle, Felixstowe and Hamburg. You will be able to see just what trading under WTO rules really looks like.

Raab is right, the EU are schoolyard bullies and we should not acquiesce. Let's WALK and be damned!

You have some interesting bedfellows BT!

Boris, Rees-Mogg, Raab, Farage, Davis. Not a criticism mind.

If we decide to just leave and be damned then we will fall back on basic WTO rules.
    Other countries have built up bespoke deals with other countries to make this viable - but these deals have taken decades to set up.

We have 19 weeks from now.

And there would have to be a hard border in Ireland. And we have 19 weeks to set one up. Good luck with that.

...and also - with the recent shout for a European Superstate from the Rothschild Puppet Macron - it gives even more reason to broadcast discontent with a Big No to it....and it's Big Brother plan of Orwellian World Government....and'll also give impetus to many of the other E.U member countries that are sick to their boots of being squeezed under the enslaving Rule of these despotic thieves !

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

If we decide to just leave and be damned then we will fall back on basic WTO rules.
    Other countries have built up bespoke deals with other countries to make this viable - but these deals have taken decades to set up.

We have 19 weeks from now.

And there would have to be a hard border in Ireland. And we have 19 weeks to set one up. Good luck with that.
    I would rather have customs checks on the Irish border rather than simply surrender our Union to the EU.

Surrender our Union to the EU?

It was OUR decision to..

Stop free movement
    Leave the Custons Union
    Leave the Single Market
    Not have a border in Ireland
    Not have a border in the Irish Sea
    Have frictionless trade

It is now obvious that we can't have all the above - these our OUR choices - not the EU's.

So, don't you think it's about time we started planning and building the border checkpoints?
    130 days to Brexit...

https://interactive.news.sky.com/2017/brexit-countdown/

Not wishing to criticise your choice of befellows 59/60, but quite what a left-wing LibDem man of the people like yourself is doing getting into bed with the following is way beyond me.

Theresa May
    David Cameron
    George Osborne
    John Major
    Michael Heseltine
    the vast majority of Tory MPs
    the vast majority of Labour MPs
    the CBI and most big business leaders
    Mark Carney and the Bank of England
    Goldman Sachs
    JPMorgan
    Morgan Stanley
    Bank of America
    Christine Legard and the IMF
    all the heads of the Civil Service
    the Judiciary, in fact the entire Establishment
    Jean Claud Juncker
    Tony Blair
    Peter Mandelson
    Gordon Brown
    Nicola Sturgeon and the ScotNats
    Gerry Adams

I could go on and on, but you get my drift. To say I'm a bit dubious about the company you keep is putting it mildly. Do you never look around, see who's in bed with you, and smell a rat, a fecking great big stinking rat, that does not have the interests of us ordinary people at heart ?

Formidable list these Sinkov. I would take issue with Theresa May and a few others but, on this subject, the list is pretty accurate.

I am flattered that you describe me as a left wing man of the people but I would take issue with the "left wing" bit.

Yes, I agree that there is an unfair distribution of wealth, that our public services need to be improved and that the vulnerable (elderly, unwell etc) should be well looked after.

But I believe that it is business that will ultimately pay for these things and so I am very pro business. And, in general, businesses such as the ones you have quoted, have the opinion that Brexit is not the best idea. Dyson (who moved a lot of production overseas), Witherspoons and a few others disagree. It would hardly be believable if EVERY company thought exactly the same, nonetheless, the vast majority of businesses were/are pro-remain.
    Some businesses may well thrive once we cut the cord, EG, those companies that used to supply us with cheap, dangerous tat from China, Hong Kong - remember them?- who can't put them on our market at the moment because of stringent safety/quality standards from the EU, which we had a large say in drawing up.
    Some dodgy financial companies will see it as a way to make a dodgy buck by being able to do their own dodgy thing.
    But the vast majority of decent businesses will feel the hit - and they are telling us so. You may think they are not telling the truth and it's all part of Project Fear, but WHY would they do it? I know from experience that leaving the EU will not be great for most businesses.

So I hope you are nice and comfortable sharing your bed with BT, Farage, Davis, Rees-Mogg, Raab, Dyson, Tim Martin, Boris et al.
    And it looks like you are on the winning side.

So I hope you are nice and comfortable sharing your bed with BT, Farage, Davis, Rees-Mogg, Raab, Dyson, Tim Martin, Boris et al.

I'm nearly always on the winning side 1959_60, I'm just built that way!

Formidable list these Sinkov. I would take issue with Theresa May and a few others but, on this subject, the list is pretty accurate.

I am flattered that you describe me as a left wing man of the people but I would take issue with the "left wing" bit.

Yes, I agree that there is an unfair distribution of wealth, that our public services need to be improved and that the vulnerable (elderly, unwell etc) should be well looked after.

But I believe that it is business that will ultimately pay for these things and so I am very pro business. And, in general, businesses such as the ones you have quoted, have the opinion that Brexit is not the best idea. Dyson (who moved a lot of production overseas), Witherspoons and a few others disagree. It would hardly be believable if EVERY company thought exactly the same, nonetheless, the vast majority of businesses were/are pro-remain.
    Some businesses may well thrive once we cut the cord, EG, those companies that used to supply us with cheap, dangerous tat from China, Hong Kong - remember them?- who can't put them on our market at the moment because of stringent safety/quality standards from the EU, which we had a large say in drawing up.
    Some dodgy financial companies will see it as a way to make a dodgy buck by being able to do their own dodgy thing.
    But the vast majority of decent businesses will feel the hit - and they are telling us so. You may think they are not telling the truth and it's all part of Project Fear, but WHY would they do it? I know from experience that leaving the EU will not be great for most businesses.

The experts 59/60, economists, businessmen, politicians, I agree with you, you're right, the majority of them say we will suffer if we leave the EU. In the 30s most of the experts said it would be a catastrophe if we came off the Gold Standard, the experts said it would be a disaster if we left the ERM, the experts said it would be lunacy, economic suicide, if the UK did not join the Eurozone, the experts said even a vote to leave the EU would cause mayhem in our economy.

All those experts were wrong, each and every time. Forgive me if I don't take them that seriously any more. They may be right about leaving the EU, they may be wrong, who knows, but their track record isn't too good, about as reliable as my tips for BT at Haydock. And you wouldn't take my racing tips too seriously would you ?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)