+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And so to The Villa

And so to The Villa

Prediction? 3-1

Going? Yes, taking my daughter, the one who has only ever seen us win.

Anyone?

Her record will be broken, 2-2

4-1, can't see Terry getting one over Lamps!

I fear Parky may be right but I’ll go 3-2.

League position aside Villa are a very good side with as good a squad as anyone in the division.

A hard fought scoring draw today. Anything else will be a huge bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Prediction? 3-1

Going? Yes, taking my daughter, the one who has only ever seen us win.

Anyone?
    Not now she hasn’t! Bit of a blow.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not now she hasn’t! Bit of a blow.
    RA MA will have job with his scores this week Don't think I could even give a 5 to anybody

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA MA will have job with his scores this week Don't think I could even give a 5 to anybody
    Villa are the best equipped side in the division and today put us back in our place.

We are a good side they are a very good side. We missed Bryson and Mount, they ran midfield particularly second half.

The bookies rarely get it wrong but this week I backed Villa E/W for the title at 28/1 on the same day we were 6/1.

Sometimes a slap in the face is what you need, think Leeds.

Oh and whilst on that subject Leeds beat us 4-1, we beat WBA 4-1 and WBA beat Leeds 4-1.

Nostradamus couldn't call this division. The international break allows players to recover and rest and came a week to late for us.

Manx your right Villa are a very good side I've been tipping them autos all season You only have to look at their squad when players like Hogan Bollasie Jedinek Lansbury etc can't get a start As for yesterday just men against boys playing two wingers in midfield was never going to work against Villa we got lucky with it seconds half against Brum You could tell after 10mins they had complete control of midfield It needed a ball winner to stop them playing but Lampard chose to stick with it instead of bringing Johnson on To many no shows yesterday especially Lawrence yet again

A match of two halves........

1st half possession was roughly even but we managed to do more with it than they did. 8 shots to their 6 and we had 5 on target to their one. We really should have been in front at HT. Three of the five would have been Bennett assists if they had gone in, he worked like a Trojan defensively as well and still some say he isn't good enough. You will all be aware that I have always rated the lad. It seems Frank does too. If I'm wrong about the lad, I am in good company.

Second half, we weren't at the races. Villa were dominant and we can't complain about the result either. Two cracking goals and a well hit free kick. No blame for Carson with any of them either. The wall was there to protect the left hand corner, Carson had the middle and right side. The shot was simply too good.

FL thought complacency was the cause and he might be right. The previous 5 games had been teams who were top, a team unbeaten in 11 and on 4 straight wins and Chelsea. This was a Villa side packed with skill and that has been the case all season that has simply not been delivering and looking like 11 random players thrown together for the hell of it. The difference in them against us was that they actually looked like a team and they haven't been doing that all season. If they can replicate that they will soon be up at the sharp end of the table.

The first half was pretty well balanced, with Derby looking more threatening, while not being at their best. Knowing that we usually come out for the second half and up our game, I was OK about things at half time. Second half, and it was Villa who upped the tempo, and we struggled to match them. I felt that we needed to hold them for about 10 minutes or so, but the game turned on three appalling refereeing decisions. Marriott was bashed to the ground, right in front of the ref - nothing given. We attacked and their left back dived near his own corner flag, right in front of the ref's assistant - free kick to Villa. Another Derby attack, and their no. 14 dived in his own penalty area. There was no contact, but - free-kick to Villa. From that they broke and were given no, gifted another free-kick, and the first goal flowed from that.

At that point the game, as a contest, was over.

The really worrying thing is that, on top of the injuries we already had, we now have Fozzy, Hudds and Bennett to add to the list. I hope none of them are particularly serious. Hudds' one was obvious but didn't appear too serious. Bennett's is a hamstring and he could be ready for the next game or out for 6 to 8 weeks. Fozzy had been holding his knee during the first half. Same knee was the one that saw him replaced. His face appeared to tell the story of a man who has been here before and that a repeat of having another very lengthy time off recuperating was not something he savoured. I hope I am wrong in that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)