+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread - Barnsley (FA Cup)

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    4-0. Is this the end for El Kewellio?
    Honestly don't know what to make of this ****er Mick, I would like to take your stance ie the idiot must go, but I fear the consequences, Hart does nowt for me & who in all honesty is going to apply for the job this time?? A couple of weeks ago HK was talking sense & we could at least see signs of the type of football he wants to play, but since the International break things have gone tits up big time & he doesn't seem to have a clue how to put it right, the next 3 matches are now "MASSIVE" & if we don't get a win against Cheltenham then he should be looking over his shoulder, but yet another season with 3 different managers is that what we need?

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    This result was totally predictable (look at the predictions thread). I can’t see that it should have any effect on the manager’s position, but the fightback has to start next Saturday.
    Yep, check my prediction. Slightly wrong on the score but massively correct on the meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Yep, check my prediction. Slightly wrong on the score but massively correct on the meltdown.
    Cue the bull **** post match interview?,looking forward to this one..??

If we lose to Cheltenham then he'll be away. Hardy's got more points on his driving licence than County have in the league. Think about that

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Honestly don't know what to make of this ****er Mick, I would like to take your stance ie the idiot must go, but I fear the consequences, Hart does nowt for me & who in all honesty is going to apply for the job this time?? A couple of weeks ago HK was talking sense & we could at least see signs of the type of football he wants to play, but since the International break things have gone tits up big time & he doesn't seem to have a clue how to put it right, the next 3 matches are now "MASSIVE" & if we don't get a win against Cheltenham then he should be looking over his shoulder, but yet another season with 3 different managers is that what we need?
    No, it certainly is not what we need. What we didn't need tho, is yet another rookie appointment?

No, it certainly is not what we need. What we didn't need tho, is yet another rookie appointment?
    Who do you suggest then, because whoever it is they were rookies/inexperienced once. Even Jimmy Sirrell, Neil Warnock, Alex Ferguson Brian Clough and Sir Alf Ramsey had to start somewhere. What this club actually needs is stability. Sacking another manager won't do much for the finnances either, money probably needed for the January window.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I don't think it would be the right thing to do to sack Kewell.

Don't agree with your comments though about applicants - there would be loads although I doubt there would be many who would improve on what we have!

Today’s match stats make depressing reading again: Barnsley had 23 shots (13 on target); we had 4 (1 on target). Even allowing for the superior opposition, that’s still horrible. And yet again our keeper was our best player.

Got to get 6 points from the next two league games, but I fear we will struggle to get more than 2. HK did sound clueless in the post-match interview, I’m afraid, and clutching at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I don't think it would be the right thing to do to sack Kewell.

Don't agree with your comments though about applicants - there would be loads although I doubt there would be many who would improve on what we have!
    I agree that there would be loads of applicants but of what quality? other than serial failures or Rookies who is going to apply for a job at a club that averages 2 managers per season? Ray Trew took a load of stick over his appointments but the fact that Mr Hardys have been no better suggests that it is the quality of applicants that is the problem & every time we sack a manager this quality is liable to drop.

I said at the time that we had swapped like for like which seemed pointless to me but yet again I question the quality of applicants, owners are bound to play up the amount & quality of applicants so why do we keep opting for rookies? wake up & smell the coffee mate we are not the most enticing of clubs to manage & haven't been for a while.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast