+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread - Barnsley (FA Cup)

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Today’s match stats make depressing reading again: Barnsley had 23 shots (13 on target); we had 4 (1 on target). Even allowing for the superior opposition, that’s still horrible. And yet again our keeper was our best player.

Got to get 6 points from the next two league games, but I fear we will struggle to get more than 2. HK did sound clueless in the post-match interview, I’m afraid, and clutching at straws.

There were certainly some gems in Hawwy's post match. He said that one of our biggest problems is not converting our chances. We've had 4 shots on goal in the last 2 matches as opposed to 40 against??? He says there's been improvement cos we are now out of the bottom 2, but when HK took over after five games - (when the league table was a form table) - he insisted promotion was the target this season. Plus the well loved, "My team is playing well, we are just making too many mistakes". He said he was disappointed we'd gone out of the cup in the 1st round, seeing as he'd been in a side that had gone on to win it. The man's a fergin crackpot !!!!

Barnsley fan in peace .

To be fair to your club you came to play football and a willingness to try and win the game .

A tad unlucky not to have gone in front early on when the free kick went straight in untouched and was disallowed .

In all fairness once we got in front in the second half it was tough for County , you had to push on once you conceded and unfortunately the counter attack is what we are all about and it played straight in to our hands .

County heads did drop and the second half was very one sided but don't be too hard on your lads and bear in mind we fielded a very strong side costing around £9m to put together .

We've hammered a few teams in our own league this season so don't read too much in to it .

Best of luck for the remainder of the season and I sincerely hope you are playing league two football next season .

Kewell has achieved.... nothing. A massive mistake which "the hardest working man in the world" must admit to and move on. Funny I thought I was that man! To quote his namesake " another fine mess".

The problem is, we've appointed experienced managers, rookie managers, random foreign managers, pretty much every type of manager you can think of, and the result has always been the same - meltdown.

Meanwhile, other clubs seem to just get it right. Look at Lincoln - they appointed a couple of brothers in their mid-30s with no playing or managerial career to speak of, and they're looking like making it two promotions in three seasons, plus all the amazing cup runs.

So what are we to do? We've been through most of the lower-league managers already, soon we'll have to go back to the top of the list and start again. Paul Ince anyone? I'd take Keith Curle back at this point.

Seriously though, this isn't HK's team. The disastrous summer transfer window has totally derailed the club, and it might take a couple of years to get back to where we were last season - for any manager. So far, HK has improved our results compared with Nolan's start to the season. The question is whether this squad is capable of more or not. Is the manager underachieving, is the squad actually better than this, or is this the very best that we can get out of this group of players. If the latter, why change manager?
    Last edited by slack_pie; 10-11-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Barnsley fan in peace .

To be fair to your club you came to play football and a willingness to try and win the game .

A tad unlucky not to have gone in front early on when the free kick went straight in untouched and was disallowed .

In all fairness once we got in front in the second half it was tough for County , you had to push on once you conceded and unfortunately the counter attack is what we are all about and it played straight in to our hands .

County heads did drop and the second half was very one sided but don't be too hard on your lads and bear in mind we fielded a very strong side costing around £9m to put together .

We've hammered a few teams in our own league this season so don't read too much in to it .

Best of luck for the remainder of the season and I sincerely hope you are playing league two football next season .
    Cheers for that, don't worry we just like a little meltdown in here after matches we lose but unfortunately that's a lot during our current run.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The problem is, we've appointed experienced managers, rookie managers, random foreign managers, pretty much every type of manager you can think of, and the result has always been the same - meltdown.

Meanwhile, other clubs seem to just get it right. Look at Lincoln - they appointed a couple of brothers in their mid-30s with no playing or managerial career to speak of, and they're looking like making it two promotions in three seasons, plus all the amazing cup runs.

So what are we to do? We've been through most of the lower-league managers already, soon we'll have to go back to the top of the list and start again. Paul Ince anyone? I'd take Keith Curle back at this point.

Seriously though, this isn't HK's team. The disastrous summer transfer window has totally derailed the club, and it might take a couple of years to get back to where we were last season - for any manager. So far, HK has improved our results compared with Nolan's start to the season. The question is whether this squad is capable of more or not. Is the manager underachieving, is the squad actually better than this, or is this the very best that we can get out of this group of players. If the latter, why change manager?
    That's far too reasonable for a Saturday night on here when we've lost

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    We are a shambles and in dire straights here - something has to change, dramatically & soon. Anyone who is happy with being stuffed out of sight without a whimper need to take a serious look at themselves imo.
    Agree. This is about as low as I've felt as a Notts fan since the pre-Munto days. We all know that we have an unbalanced squad which is short in defence and midfield, but we should however have enough attacking options with Stead, Hemmings, Dennis and Boldewijn to avoid the bottom two with ease. In the dark days we actually survived with the likes of Scoffham, Chillingworth and Andy White as our 'strikeforce' for f*cks sake. This squad is cheating the fans, because there is no fight or desire at all, just tame surrender week after week. As soon as we go behind heads drop and our players simply go through the motions, pretending to look bothered. We are in deep, deep sh!t and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.

Just watched the post match interview. I'm in total shock!! The man is completely deluded. We have become the laughing stock of the football league and he thinks we are playing well and making progress. Dear dear me

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Agree. This is about as low as I've felt as a Notts fan since the pre-Munto days. We all know that we have an unbalanced squad which is short in defence and midfield, but we should however have enough attacking options with Stead, Hemmings, Dennis and Boldewijn to avoid the bottom two with ease. In the dark days we actually survived with the likes of Scoffham, Chillingworth and Andy White as our 'strikeforce' for f*cks sake. This squad is cheating the fans, because there is no fight or desire at all, just tame surrender week after week. As soon as we go behind heads drop and our players simply go through the motions, pretending to look bothered. We are in deep, deep sh!t and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.

Good post Eli, sums up my feelings exactly.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast