+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

We competed again today.
    Yes we were up against it at times but this is a team with an amazing home record.
    Where we are now is where we need to finish.
    Could have lost it but could have won.
    Big shout out to our supporters again great backing again.
    We’ve got Warniola we’ve got ......

Rodak had a couple of saves to make but throughout the game he only made 3 really good saves to keep us in the game.

After the break they changed and went for it. We scored against the run of play but we defended very well.

There goal was coming but it was unfortunate that the ref didn't blow for a free kick.

We were worthy of the point because we played the game well regardless of what the stats say!

The reason why the game ended late was because the players came out at 2.55 and then they did the WWI respect and last post so we didn't start until about 3.10pm. Should have come out earlier for the very important WW1 remembrance.

Of the 3 away draws i thought that was the best performance against probably the best side which suggests we're getting better
    Smudge was being held down for our goal but still scored. Ref had a bad day and gave them all the 50/50 challenges and debatable decisions.
    The most disappointing aspect of the game wasn't that we conceded, because they were always likely to score, it was the fact that we had a glorious 2 vs 2 breakaway immediately after we took the lead. It came from the centre circle to the away fans with two or three great interchanges the then in the final pass we got dispossessed. I think Wiles was one of the players involved. 2-0 and i think we'd have got the win

If we can capitalise on our breakaways, and we had a lot at Boro, we can get that win and some more points.
    Great performance though and take no notice of what Blackburn fans are saying...it isn't our job to entertain them. That's for their own players and they didn't do enough
    Last edited by flourbasher; 10-11-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Rodak had a couple of saves to make but throughout the game he only made 3 really good saves to keep us in the game.

After the break they changed and went for it. We scored against the run of play but we defended very well.

There goal was coming but it was unfortunate that the ref didn't blow for a free kick.

We were worthy of the point because we played the game well regardless of what the stats say!
    Really? He ONLY made three good saves to keep us in the game? He had a blinder and without him we would have been hammered.

Hi

Blackburn fan in peace.

Just spoken to my old chums at M’Boro and Preston, proper Championship clubs, and they’re still bitter even now.

God you lot were bad. What a scruffy little club you are coming to our ground season after season. We’ve had Alan Shearer playing for us and Jack Walker in charge and you come to us with your Bury reject and a light bulb salesman.

You lot were even timewasting during the WWI remembrance by not willing to start the game at 3pm.

I understand the mighty Rovers …….we won something about 35 years ago and are a Premiership club in waiting………are thinking of writing to the EFL because after holding down your beanpole forward when the ball came over, he still scored. This is against the rules and your goal should have been disallowed because our £20k a week CB did everything he could to stop him.

We got the draw though courtesy of the lino and ref who had a blinder today awarding a goal that was offside. This is actually in the rules if you look closely because we won the FA Cup in 1897.

Three points at your place ya gret big bunch of Yorkie bars

How did Ajayi do in midfield?

And how did Smith manage to score in slow motion?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    The reason why the game ended late was because the players came out at 2.55 and then they did the WWI respect and last post so we didn't start until about 3.10pm. Should have come out earlier for the very important WW1 remembrance.
    It seems like every week we are the last match to finish, wonder if the refs are hanging on to give our more worthy opponents the chance to score?

There was plenty going on at Leicester in relation to memorials today and I watched their game on TV here end at 4:52 your time then had to agonise another 13 minutes for our 5:05 ending. In the olden days I could watch a match at Millmoor to the last kick and almost be home in Rawmarsh by bus in that time

Hi

Blackburn fan in peace.

Just spoken to my old chums at M’Boro and Preston, proper Championship clubs, and they’re still bitter even now.

God you lot were bad. What a scruffy little club you are coming to our ground season after season. We’ve had Alan Shearer playing for us and Jack Walker in charge and you come to us with your Bury reject and a light bulb salesman.

You lot were even timewasting during the WWI remembrance by not willing to start the game at 3pm.

I understand the mighty Rovers …….we won something about 35 years ago and are a Premiership club in waiting………are thinking of writing to the EFL because after holding down your beanpole forward when the ball came over, he still scored. This is against the rules and your goal should have been disallowed because our £20k a week CB did everything he could to stop him.

We got the draw though courtesy of the lino and ref who had a blinder today awarding a goal that was offside. This is actually in the rules if you look closely because we won the FA Cup in 1897.

The fans of Tony Blackburn's Mowbray are indeed complaining about time wasting.

Hi

Blackburn fan in peace.

Absolute classic flourbasher ��

One or two of the Blackburn supporters actually said they want us to stay up, which is nice of them. It seems like we played well first half but they dominated the second half,which I can't understand as usually the home team we play dominate both halves.
    At least we go into the break in good heart and I'm looking forward to reading the guys and gals event of the game who went.......UTM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast