+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Three away draws on the trot and despite it feeling like a loss of 2 points, on balance of play it looks like it was really another good point gained. 7 points off the bottom but only 8 off the playoffs. As I said in another post I think we are going to need around 54 to survive this year the way things are going so just 36 needed from 29 games

Why does our game always seem to be the last one to finish? We were almost 15 minutes behind others today, absolute agony when you are watching via text updates.

Thoughts on today?

Win at home, draw away, that's enough to stay up, keep it going.

I'd have settled for a point at the start, but disappointed that, once again, we couldn't hang on in the last ten minutes for a win. If we could put that recurring problem right, we'd be comfortable in mid-table. If we signed a midfield general...

Good comebacks from opponents of our relegation rivals today though - up the Canaries!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 10-11-2018 at 05:32 PM.

I honestly don't think that there is any shame in that point today. Could we have held on to a point today. Of course we could with some decent refereeing we would have been more into the second half as a a whole.

I said that in the first half Smallwood was a different player than he was when he was with us. In fact all of the Blackburn team were aggresive, dirty, niggly players. We played them well in the first half and I think that they were shocked at how good we were. It was certainly our best away preformance in this league for a long, long while.

In the second half it was a different game. They came at us and although the refereeat times made the right decisions about a bit of falling over we were trying he certainly missed the clear pushes and body checks that gave them the edge. They were the better team int second half but they were helped. The pause in play helped us and we started from an injury to whoever it was with speed and we scored a good goal!

Then we were back under the cosh. The clear foul on Manning was a simple one to give but the ref hadn't been giving them for the clear pushes on Smith so this one was one too many for me! They went on and scored in the same move.

I have to say that finding Rokak has been one of the great things to happen for the Millers for some time! A brilliant preformance that kept us in the game. The defence didn't play bad but he played exceptionally well when needed!

Excellent point. Great stuff.
    3 consecutive draws away-Boro Preston & Blackburn. Next up the Blades.

Up the Millers

19th int league!

Yo can finishe the season now please!

Nice to see the Stubbs tactics paying off,let the other team knacker them selfs up then bang.No seriously it's another point hard fought for I'll take that.

Certainly shaping up to be a better November than last year where it ended with the glass half empty brigade wondering whether we'd be in League 2 this season.

Two wins and 6pts at NYS against Sheff Utd and QPR would do nicely, and would push us past last time's total of 23pts with 27 games to spare

Had a look at the match stats...

Blackburn had 25 shots, which is as bad a performance for us "closing down" the opposition as many of the Stubbsy era games . Warney can't let that continue, and Rodak did well to keep it down to only one conceded. Possible reason ? - Vaulks missing?

We had 13 shots (quite good), but only ONE on target! Same old problem and it never seems to improve much. We have got to seriously work on that in training, and bring in an expert to help if necessary.... or buy a goalscorer. We will need more than the odd goal from Smithy and the Manning pens to survive.

Looking at the stats, we did well to come back with a point!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 10-11-2018 at 06:51 PM.

TheM stats don't give us any credit at all Mike.

We were by far the better team in the first half regardless of what the stats say. To a man they stood tall and did well

Rodak had a couple of saves to make bu

The second half it was all them

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast