+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rondon 🥅⚽

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Sitting upstairs in Bar Loco. Rondon reminded me of Shearer today. He was superb. If we can get 3/4 of that each game we’ll be ok.

Keep the faith
    Know what you mean, Bob...reminded me more of Ferdinand.

He only has to perform like that 9 or 10 times (1 game in 3) and we will be comfortable.

Let's hope he is up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Sitting upstairs in Bar Loco. Rondon reminded me of Shearer today. He was superb. If we can get 3/4 of that each game we’ll be ok.

Keep the faith
    The way he nutted in the second was very Shearer esque I must say

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    He only has to perform like that 9 or 10 times (1 game in 3) and we will be comfortable.

Let's hope he is up to it.
    I think after seeing his performance today he is certainly up to it Mick. I think it's more about what we do behind him as in service what will be most important.

Worth pointing out, also, that there's no way Gayle would have bullied Bournemouth like Rondon did (just to counter the argument from some that we should have kept Gayle rather than swapped him for Rondon)

If that's him out of shape/lacking fitness?

I doubted him, but that's one of the best performances I've seen from a centre forward since Demba Ba.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Worth pointing out, also, that there's no way Gayle would have bullied Bournemouth like Rondon did (just to counter the argument from some that we should have kept Gayle rather than swapped him for Rondon)
    I thought we should have kept Gayle AS WELL as Rondon. (Once we had missed out on Plea)

That ship sailed when we refused to pay the release clause.

Evening Zippity! Really pleased for Rondon as he's an honest lad but not consistent. Gayle got another brilliant goal today and the way it was taken would be a credit even for Barcelona.

Any West Brom supporter would without doubt take a straight swap for Gayle if you took Rondon!

Glad you have picked up and it was great we beat that bunch of scum today.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Evening Zippity! Really pleased for Rondon as he's an honest lad but not consistent. Gayle got another brilliant goal today and the way it was taken would be a credit even for Barcelona.

Any West Brom supporter would without doubt take a straight swap for Gayle if you took Rondon!

Glad you have picked up and it was great we beat that bunch of scum today.
    Alright, Al. Aye, great win for your lads today.

Yeah, I take your point about him not being consistent. Although we haven't seen much of him, you have and his goal record backs up what you're saying too.

As for Gayle, I'm really glad he's doing the business for you and hope he helps to get you back up...I just think you'll find he's an excellent Championship striker but finds the step up to the Prem too big...I'm not convinced that he's mentally robust enough as well as needing too many chances to score. Would love to be wrong for either of our sakes.

Rondonkey came good today. And don't worry, I want to be proven wrong and have him bang in loads of goals. Happy to have him bully people.

What I would say is I would still have preferred Gayle because he is a different player that scores goals that don't depend on physicality.

Still, it is crying over spilt milk. Rondonkey is ours and long may his resurgence/emergence last.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)