+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rondon 🥅⚽

I would have loved him to get his hattrick today.. came so close

I think him having to stay on last week ‘broke the camels back’ as he would have been hauled off on 65 mins if we hadn’t needed to make the subs and I think again today 75/80mins.

Honestly he was IMMENSE today. That header wow!

Come onnnnn!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Evening Zippity! Really pleased for Rondon as he's an honest lad but not consistent. Gayle got another brilliant goal today and the way it was taken would be a credit even for Barcelona.

Any West Brom supporter would without doubt take a straight swap for Gayle if you took Rondon!

Glad you have picked up and it was great we beat that bunch of scum today.
    You tell us that Rondon can’t score and we tell you that Gayle can’t score at PL level. A change of team might be what was needed for each and I hope we’re both proven wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    You tell us that Rondon can’t score and we tell you that Gayle can’t score at PL level. A change of team might be what was needed for each and I hope we’re both proven wrong!

Totally agree! Rondon is not consistent though - I hope I am proved wrong! Gayle has been magical and it's not because of the championship - look at the goal he scored yesterday with the back heel - only a class player could do that at any level and to be fair - many of his goals have been like this!

Almost every West Brom supporter would agree to a straight swap Gayle for Rondon without hesitation.

I hope though Rondon keeps scoring for you - one thing is he's a honest lad and certainly not big headed like the majority!
    Great header yesterday but his work rate was the most impressive for me from what I say on MOTD!

I think, to be fair, the balls whipped into the box (as Ian Dowie would say) were meat and drink for Rondon. We don't usually play like that. If we've adapted to play like that specially for him, it is a very, very good move. Even when balls were overhit, I think there was special effort made to fire them in early.

If he can be our new Air Force One, everyone would love to see him score. He's slow but he managed to shuffle his frame up to speed on the fast break. The good thing about him is the hold-up play and how he brings others into the game. With Ritchie and the unpredictable Kenedy - even Perez was passing quickly yesterday, we just might be onto something with the big man.

I get baggieal's point about consistency. But Gayle is far from consistent himself. Actually, I think (in between injuries), he is either consistently good or consistenly bad. I'm a big fan of Gayle but he looked lost in our team whenever he did play last season. Part of the problem is neither he nor [our most consistent starter] Perez can impose themselves upfront.

My man Rondonk doesn't have that problem and as long as he can mix people around in the opposition back line, people like Ritchie, Kenedy, Muto and Perez can snatch goals if they're on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)