+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Centre Back Change made the difference

Centre Back Change made the difference

Well not only did we get a point but a clean sheet and that should give the team a little bit more confidence. Looks as though ASD was forced into a change eg Long for Tarkowski and I believe that is about time. The team seemed a bit more secure and lets hope Kevin Long gets his opportunity. We did ride our luck a little but its about time something went our way for a change. Well done lads lets have a bit more of the same!!!!

I really dont understand why Kevin Long doesnt get more of a look in, every time he has stepped in he has been solid as a rock. Tarky might not get back in if this lad continues to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Well not only did we get a point but a clean sheet and that should give the team a little bit more confidence. Looks as though ASD was forced into a change eg Long for Tarkowski and I believe that is about time. The team seemed a bit more secure and lets hope Kevin Long gets his opportunity. We did ride our luck a little but its about time something went our way for a change. Well done lads lets have a bit more of the same!!!!
    After conceding 13 in the previous 3 games this was a vastly improved performance. Hart and the back four were solid and Tarks may have to wait to get back in. Tom to leave once Pope is fit again?

Tarks has been carrying a heria problem all season - but he has done well (until last week).

Ben Mee has had a poor start to the season for whatever reason, but he now seems to be back at his best.

Long has never let us down and I never worry when he is in the team.

Ben Gibson can't be far away from being available.

Jimmy Dunne is on fire at top-of-the-table Hearts.

I really am not worried about our defence, especially when Ward is available again.
    And our midfield is picking up now that Brady and Defour are coming back into form. I pray that the injury Defour is not serious.

I predict better times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    And our midfield is picking up now that Brady and Defour are coming back into form. I pray that the injury Defour is not serious.
    So do I, if he keeps getting injured at this rate, he's going to end up with same nickname as Darren Anderton.

Agree, Kevin made a difference. I am in Australia, I've watched every game for three years and followed closely since Paterson kicked a goal against Reading in the semi to qualify for promotion? Could be wrong about the details, but my point is, I have really only started to follow strategy and match day formation for this time so I will always genuflect to the lifetime supporter in these matters. The dross that gets tossed up in Australia's A-league is hard to watch and tactically slow, though we have had Ross McCormack play last season, this year Adam Le Fondre is here as a marquee signing, so there's some good football to be seen. But we don't see it through the whole comp and it's absence is palpable by comparison to EPL. So please, can anyone explain to me why Burnley continue to go 4-4-1-1. Doesn't it invite constant attack, less possession, less control in midfield. Doesn't it also limit the style in which the ball comes in to the forwards ie just long ball. I never seem to see midfielders break the defensive line in front of them with through passes, if at all it comes from the occasional run down the sides then a cross or a set piece. Why is there no capacity to try something different? Is it simply what the money buys or tactics? Sorry for long winded question. but wanted to set up where I'm coming from. Any insight into formation is truly welcome. See you at Turf Moor one day.

It's so simple to change it too! Deploy a defensive midfielder and go 4-1-4-1.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)