+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sometimes football isn’t fair !!!!

Sometimes football isn’t fair !!!!

The latest from our manager embarrassing

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2018/...all-isnt-fair/

Football is fair the team with the best players and best manager and best budgets are successful, “it’s not fair”wining like some little boy who has had his marbles taken off him in the play ground.

This is what is not fair

1) A poor uncompetitive first team budget
    2) An academy draining the club of first team funds
    3) A first team made up of players who have seen better days
    4) An academy that is producing players that are neither mentally, physically or ability equipped to cope with men’s football.
    5) A board that are too stuck in their ways to change the business model which clearly is no longer fit for purpose in modern day football.
    6) The recruitment of the first team manager on the basis that he is a yes man and will not rock the boat.

The performance today and over the last 4 seasons of the first team is wholly unacceptable and I urge the shareholders to act and put a vote of no confidence in the board there has to be a change and that must start at the top, this cannot be allowed to continue, I also urge all fans to vote with their feet and stay at home, yes it will hurt but action must be taken until the board come to the party.
    Last edited by Wartman; 10-11-2018 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

I couldn't have written you bullet point of 6 facts better myself. Absolutely spot on. Points number 4 and 6 were worded perfectly. But i can reassure you that the board are going to nobody else's party.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    The latest from our manager embarrassing

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2018/...all-isnt-fair/

Football is fair the team with the best players and best manager and best budgets are successful, “it’s not fair”wining like some little boy who has had his marbles taken off him in the play ground.

This is what is not fair

1) A poor uncompetitive first team budget
    2) An academy draining the club of first team funds
    3) A first team made up of players who have seen better days
    4) An academy that is producing players that are neither mentally, physically or ability equipped to cope with men’s football.
    5) A board that are too stuck in their ways to change the business model which clearly is no longer fit for purpose in modern day football.
    6) The recruitment of the first team manager on the basis that he is a yes man and will not rock the boat.

The performance today and over the last 4 seasons of the first team is wholly unacceptable and I urge the shareholders to act and put a vote of no confidence in the board there has to be a change and that must start at the top, this cannot be allowed to continue, I also urge all fans to vote with their feet and stay at home, yes it will hurt but action must be taken until the board come to the party.
    Just one question, Wartman. Did you stay at home today?

Alexmick

Yes I was at the game and without my rose tinted glasses the stats (supplied by BBC) for the game as follows

Crewe possession 49% Carlisle 51%
    Crewe shots 7 Carlisle 20 (yes 20)
    Crewe on target 1 (yes 1) Carlisle 8

With nearly half the possession in the game Crewe created only a third of the amount of chances Carlisle managed, and managed only 1 shot on target. For the away team this would be classed as poor but we were the home team !!! So I stand by my comments that this team performance was unacceptable.

To further my case let’s look at the last 2 games Northampton away and Mansfield at home.

Northampton 51% possession Crewe 49%
    Northampton shots 14 Crewe shots 10
    Northampton on target 6 Crewe on target 3

Result Northampton 2 Crewe 0

Crewe possession 45% Mansfield 55%
    Crewe shots 14 Mansfield shots 16
    Crewe on target 7 Mansfield on target 9

Crewe 0 Mansfield 3

So in summary in the last 3 games Crewe have managed 31 shots (11 on target ) and ZERO goals scored in 270 minutes of football, and conceded 6 goals, so to finally summarise we can’t defend we don’t create enough and we don’t score in my opinion that is the reason why I refer to this team performances as unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Alexmick

Yes I was at the game and without my rose tinted glasses the stats (supplied by BBC) for the game as follows

Crewe possession 49% Carlisle 51%
    Crewe shots 7 Carlisle 20 (yes 20)
    Crewe on target 1 (yes 1) Carlisle 8

With nearly half the possession in the game Crewe created only a third of the amount of chances Carlisle managed, and managed only 1 shot on target. For the away team this would be classed as poor but we were the home team !!! So I stand by my comments that this team performance was unacceptable.

To further my case let’s look at the last 2 games Northampton away and Mansfield at home.

Northampton 51% possession Crewe 49%
    Northampton shots 14 Crewe shots 10
    Northampton on target 6 Crewe on target 3

Result Northampton 2 Crewe 0

Crewe possession 45% Mansfield 55%
    Crewe shots 14 Mansfield shots 16
    Crewe on target 7 Mansfield on target 9

Crewe 0 Mansfield 3

So in summary in the last 3 games Crewe have managed 31 shots (11 on target ) and ZERO goals scored in 270 minutes of football, and conceded 6 goals, so to finally summarise we can’t defend we don’t create enough and we don’t score in my opinion that is the reason why I refer to this team performances as unacceptable.
    Thanks for your reply, Wartman. Apologies. I have just seen in another thread that you were indeed at the match.

Stats did not stack up today (versus dirty Tranmere). They had more possession and shots, yet were inferior in every department. Everyone was singing the praises of the club following that 4 match unbeaten run, only to decry the team and manager after losing 4 on the bounce. However, against Carlisle (although they had more shots, many of which were woefully shot high and wide by the way), the Alex deserved a replay and the football played was not too bad. My point being is that just because a team has more possession / shots, it doesn't necessarily mean they were the better side. Yes, the Mansfield display was awful, although they still remain unbeaten in all league games bar one. The Shrewsbury (L1) game was in a cup that is no longer welcomed by many L1 and L2 supporters and we were without Ainley and Kirk anyway. Now we have beaten 4th placed Tranmere, all seems to be forgotten as far as criticism is concerned. People seem to forget that the club are being run on a low budget and injuries to certain players have taken their toll. Perhaps when Green returns, we may just start to achieve the consistency required to move up the league. At least we are now above the Vale (just). Perhaps sometimes we expect a little too much from this club?
    Last edited by alexmick; 17-11-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Great team performance today .Well done lads onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by The bloodtubs View Post
    Great team performance today .Well done lads onwards and upwards
    Excellent advertisement for L2 football and really our home record this season in the league does not read too badly now. 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. For 16, Against 7. 17 points. It is our away form that is the greatest concern right now, I would argue. Because of this, I would think that at present, these knee jerk reactions to get shut of the manager, are premature right now. I have always maintained that our problems go much higher than the man in charge of team affairs.

Totally agree