+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That Trump fella.....

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Secret service decide if Marine 1 can fly and they said no due to the low cloud and rain. Other leaders had to cancel and drive but it’s not that simple when you’re the President if the USA to just drive

That on the level east stand? Could a car shared wi one o tothers. But if secret service weren't keen it weren't happenin.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Do you know much about obamacare? America works different to here they need health insurance, obamacare was pushing up premiums so high people could not pay, also within the states there was a monopoly which meant folk were stuck with no option. It needed dismantling and replacing. Unfortunately partisan politics there means they just won't pull together on this. So it rolls on and on.
    As I understand it briefly Obamacare is a tax credit on premiums paid to private health insurers
    it's level is based on income
    So the costs that are spiralling are those charged by the private health insurers of which there are many
    I think that's it in a nutshell, if not then educate me

That’s one of the problems , insurers have been pulling out all over due to losing money so some states have only one insurer or very little choice and premiums have been flying up

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    That’s one of the problems , insurers have been pulling out all over due to losing money so some states have only one insurer or very little choice and premiums have been flying up
    A tax credit is applied to those on low incomes
    This tax credit allows them to choose from a range of policies offered by the insurance companies
    If the insurance companies are offering these policies with premiums & benefits set by them [depending on the policy chosen]
    why are they losing money
    Seems to me that the " subsidy [tax credit {obamacare}" is not the problem as this is merely a credit to the citizen to help them take out insurance against different benefits
    I may be wrong but that's how I understand it
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-11-2018 at 08:34 AM.

I think as people accross the board couldn't keep up with costs, it was a bad idea done with good intentions I'm sure, that didn't work. For example, you have a medical condition, but only one insurer, where's the competetiveness? Trapped market.

So how would you ensure that the poorer in society have access to health care, the most basic of human needs?

adult medical insurance in the US covers your kids but it gets abused as to when the kids stop becoming kids some are claiming to the age of 25 just because there in full time education.
    also insurance now covers a lot less medical conditions because of the cost.
    do a simple medical insurance quote search for the US there countless policies all different for different states.
    unless your covered by your employer its pretty much too expensive even with the obahma care help.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    adult medical insurance in the US covers your kids but it gets abused as to when the kids stop becoming kids some are claiming to the age of 25 just because there in full time education.
    also insurance now covers a lot less medical conditions because of the cost.
    do a simple medical insurance quote search for the US there countless policies all different for different states.
    unless your covered by your employer its pretty much too expensive even with the obahma care help.
    So the poor can just curl up & die

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    So the poor can just curl up & die
    come on then bright spark lets hear what you would do

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    come on then bright spark lets hear what you would do
    I could have sworn I asked you this question just this morning

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast