+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ben Brereton

Ben Brereton

Another excellent performance off the bench. And made our goal, such as he did last week. I like this lad. I'm very excited to see him kick on next season. A fantastic signing, and will be a snip at £7m.
    I think after Xmas, he will start some games. He really is progressing and clearly is a decent player. I'm made up for the lad. Hopefully the ones quick to judge and moan about him will be quiet now.

Don't get mad at me.. But I think the critics are saying if we are spending 7m, it should be on a player to go straight into the side and have an immediate impact..

Just to be clear.. I'm not one of the critics.

He is looking very good as a sub.
    I'd like to see him given a start too, just because it's a different business altogether - as we saw with Chapman.
    The 7m will quickly be forgotten if he turns into a star.

He's 29 (I think) and one day we will sell him breaking the previously highest sale, Bradley Dack, in history.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    He is looking very good as a sub.
    I'd like to see him given a start too, just because it's a different business altogether - as we saw with Chapman.
    The 7m will quickly be forgotten if he turns into a star.
    Watching that closely today Auks. And last week, I'm wondering if Chapman would fit into our side nowadays? Me and you love a winger. Nippy, skilful ....gives us something different. I think Armstrong was good today. He caused them problems. And was unlucky hitting the bar. I'm unsure if Harry would get in? Look at how strong our bench is??!!! No Charlie, Williams, Evans or Davenport. And it was very strong again today. Rothwell was good when he came on. Nyambe was superb. Proved his fitness. I'd get him back in now. Move Benno back into midfield. Looks like wwwill be missing Reed for a bit sadly. But .....back to our strong squad!! We have just as good to step in now.
    But we desperately need a striker!! I'm hearing more and more it's Gestede we are after. I wouldn't mind that. Today alone, him on form would give us that different option we don't have.
    I'm also thinking knock downs for Dack.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Don't get mad at me.. But I think the critics are saying if we are spending 7m, it should be on a player to go straight into the side and have an immediate impact..

Just to be clear.. I'm not one of the critics.
    I won't mate. I get what your saying.

I just think that he is bought for the future at 19. And his value will go up if he does what TM expects. I think he will start games later in the season. But it's next season when we really will start to mount a serious challenge for auto promotion that he will start to flourish.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    He's 29 (I think) and one day we will sell him breaking the previously highest sale, Bradley Dack, in history.
    19 not 29 FFS

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Watching that closely today Auks. And last week, I'm wondering if Chapman would fit into our side nowadays? Me and you love a winger. Nippy, skilful ....gives us something different. I think Armstrong was good today. He caused them problems. And was unlucky hitting the bar. I'm unsure if Harry would get in? Look at how strong our bench is??!!! No Charlie, Williams, Evans or Davenport. And it was very strong again today. Rothwell was good when he came on. Nyambe was superb. Proved his fitness. I'd get him back in now. Move Benno back into midfield. Looks like wwwill be missing Reed for a bit sadly. But .....back to our strong squad!! We have just as good to step in now.
    But we desperately need a striker!! I'm hearing more and more it's Gestede we are after. I wouldn't mind that. Today alone, him on form would give us that different option we don't have.
    I'm also thinking knock downs for Dack.
    I think where he'd be useful is in the games where the opposition have been flat-out, defending successfully against one style for an hour, and a change is needed. He looked at his best against tiring defenders. It's harder for the opposition to adapt in that situation. If wingers (of his type) are on from the start, it's easier for the other manager to make provision for it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)