+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Last Post Today At Oakwell

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Mmm.. and I suppose the old commie rocking up to the cenotaph yesterday in an old anorak and scruffy shoes wasn't a nod to his politics at all Animal.

Just to add balance like

Should only be about remembrance and respect, turning it into a political message is a disgrace in my opinion.Something on which I'm sure we cAN both agree on.
    Someone on here was the first to introduce politics into the thread

Ring any bells RF

"Watched cenotaph this morning, lovely to see the respect paid by the German president today,Animals right about moving on, shame that finian w@anker James McClean and those who support his stance can't think the same way."

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Someone on here was the first to introduce politics into the thread

Ring any bells RF

"Watched cenotaph this morning, lovely to see the respect paid by the German president today,Animals right about moving on, shame that finian w@anker James McClean and those who support his stance can't think the same way."
    I think we'll end up going around in circles again nip but here goes -

That's exactly my point Exile, it's about remembrance and respect for those who fought and died.
    It isn't about royalty,the aristocracy,party politics,class politics. It's about ordinary folk like you and I who were killed whilst serving in or associated with our armed forces.

Read a really interesting article about bus companies sending their buses and drivers to the front in WW1 to help ferry troops forward and wounded back, many of the drivers lost their lives. It's about folk like them Exile, not whether you agree with the politics of them going there in the first place.

In that case why mention the old commie or McClean at all ?

In that case why mention the old commie or McClean at all ?
    To make the point that it shouldn't be about their politics ??

Just what did Corbyn do that offended you so much?
    If you think it was his attire take a look at the ridiculous hat May was wearing
    As Billy Connolly once said "if I'd got a hat like that a wouldna feckin wear it"

Anyway spadge that's my last word on this thread as I don't want you do get dizzy
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 12-11-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Just what did Corbyn do that offended you so much?
    If you think it was his attire take a look at the ridiculous hat May was wearing
    As Billy Connolly once said "if I'd got a hat like that a wouldna feckin wear it"

Anyway spadge that's my last word on this thread as I don't want you do get dizzy
    When the other leaders of the main political parties and representatives from the commonwealth can turn out in a smart black coat,dark tie and clean shoes I can't help wonder why the old commie turns up looking like he's just nipping out to the local offie.

Imagine sitting at home having lost a loved one in a recent conflict seeing the leader of the party who purports to represent you turning up looking like a bag o shyte. Disrespectful.

I trust you now accept my reasons for mentioning the two aforementioned.

"I trust you now accept my reasons for mentioning the two aforementioned".

NO
    now that is my last word so show a bit of respect & leave it

"I trust you now accept my reasons for mentioning the two aforementioned".

NO
    now that is my last word so show a bit of respect & leave it
    It wa you who raised it Exile,I say potato.

I'll leave it there, owt for a pal

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Mmm.. and I suppose the old commie rocking up to the cenotaph yesterday in an old anorak and scruffy shoes wasn't a nod to his politics at all Animal.

Just to add balance like

Should only be about remembrance and respect, turning it into a political message is a disgrace in my opinion.Something on which I'm sure we cAN both agree on.
    Just as I suspected .........

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ational-action

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Thanks for sharing Animal, I too have suspected that the left wing rag you refer to would do something to subvert the remembrance conducted this weekend with so much dignity by the decent people of our country - so thanks for confirming that my suspicions were warranted the timing of the article can't be a coincidence can it.
    Of course it goes without saying that anyone with extreme views has no place in our armed forces,public services, or society in general.

One would hope that the Labour Party Dossier handed to the Met Police in September which allegedly contained 45 claims of anti Semitic behaviour such as party activists making statements such as " We shall rid the jews who are a cancer on us all" will result on these people being rooted out and prosecuted with similar vigour.

Just to add balance like.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast