+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Post Today At Oakwell

The Last Post Today At Oakwell

Played to perfection by the trumpeter and a deeply moving moment when remembering the lads and lasses who lost their lives in the two world wars .

The minutes silence was impeccable observed too as you would expect , you would have heard a pin drop .

We've all moved on of course but I did think of the irony in our technical area at the time and had a cheeky smile to myself none the less .

A beautiful moment, impeccably observed! I thought something similar but with VW advert boardd

missed it, thowt we'd get a cheeky weekend in at Cayton afor site closes fot season.

Watched cenotaph this morning, lovely to see the respect paid by the German president today,Animals right about moving on, shame that finian w@anker James McClean and those who support his stance can't think the same way.

missed it, thowt we'd get a cheeky weekend in at Cayton afor site closes fot season.

Watched cenotaph this morning, lovely to see the respect paid by the German president today,Animals right about moving on, shame that finian w@anker James McClean and those who support his stance can't think the same way.

Last post at cenotaph in Barnsley was Superb today , Biggest crowd of people I've ever seen there, for Rememberance day , god bless them , all the young Scouts, Cubs, etc a big credit , all looked proud , marching alongside our Service Personnel , emotional day , leaving it there .mixed emotions xx
    Last edited by Romared; 11-11-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post

Leave it alone RF , not worth getting upset about the fella , he's got his own agenda ? TOOL ...

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post

You can only move on when things come to an end and a period of time afterwards heals the wounds .

Sectarian violence still exists , the two communities don't integrate , the power sharing hasn't worked , Orange men still march through Catholic areas of NI .

Ridiculous post red flagged in all honesty .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Leave it alone RF , not worth getting upset about the fella , he's got his own agenda ? TOOL ...
    Isn't James McClean on the record as saying he would gladly wear a poppy on his shirt if it was to commemorate the fallen in the two world wars only ? .

Don't know has he ? This Remembrance isn't about him, or though he may think differently? I lost my brother aged 33 yrs old serving in the RAF, other family members too , he should keep out of all this and ask to be left out of the squad at this time , either that or fkoff back to his own country , see how much he gets paid there the 2 faced 2hat , Today was about 100 years since the war ended , all other conflicts wernt relevant then , I've said before about opinions and don't totally disagree with him or others , time and a place for things tho , Respect !!!
    Last edited by Romared; 11-11-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Don't know has he ? This Remembrance isn't about him, or though he may think differently? I lost my brother aged 33 yrs old serving in the RAF, other family members too , he should keep out of all this and ask to be left out of the squad at this time , either that or fkoff back to his own country , see how much he gets paid there the 2 faced 2hat , Today was about 100 years since the war ended ,
    He doesn't want to have anything to do with it though does he and yet every year he's singled out for standing by his principles .

The British armed forces are his enemy , surely that's not too hard to grasp given the history between Ireland and the UK .

I'm extremely sorry for your family losses in the armed forces but the reality is he looks at that as you would when an IRA volunteer loses his life .

He's got a totally different mindset to our armed forces and to be fair it's totally justified .

He was born in NI but he plays his international football for the Republic , what does that tell you ? .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast