+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OGC Nice Triumph Again

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    SB
    What will have to happen in May 2017 to enable you to have the "last laugh"
    Genuine question
    Am assuming tha meant May 2019. Assav sed befooar my interest in OGC Nice stemmed from the need for balance after the outrageous claims made at the time of our takeovva that Big Chien was running a successful club at Nice when in reality they were in decline due to his selling of the best players. This thread is an example of laughing at my stance on this matter so I may be laughing later if my view proves justified. (I know it's all in fun by the way but you did ask). My work is done pointing out the PR pillocking during our takeovva as I undertook extensive research posted on here to show it to be misleading at best.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Am assuming tha meant May 2019. Assav sed befooar my interest in OGC Nice stemmed from the need for balance after the outrageous claims made at the time of our takeovva that Big Chien was running a successful club at Nice when in reality they were in decline due to his selling of the best players. This thread is an example of laughing at my stance on this matter so I may be laughing later if my view proves justified. (I know it's all in fun by the way but you did ask). My work is done pointing out the PR pillocking during our takeovva as I undertook extensive research posted on here to show it to be misleading at best.
    Thanks SB I meant 2019 [typo]
    But my question was
    what will have to happen in May 2019 ?[ to validate your stance]

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Thanks SB I meant 2019 [typo]
    But my question was
    what will have to happen in May 2019 ?[ to validate your stance]
    For OGC Nice to finish in a lower position in the league than they did at the end of the 2017/18 season in a similar manner to the way they finished lower in May 2017 than they did in May 2016. That would be a good objective measure of decline under Big Chien.

Guess who's record this is over the last 10 years
    L1
    L1
    L1

Hardly inspiring is it

This thread is nowt to do wi Cryne Ziles. (Chien's record so far is to appoint Morais and oversee relegation--just the straight facts )

I ev given an answer to thi question, my work is done and I await next May to examine Nice's fortunes.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-11-2018 at 11:01 AM.

For OGC Nice to finish in a lower position in the league than they did at the end of the 2017/18 season in a similar manner to the way they finished lower in May 2017 than they did in May 2016. That would be a good objective measure of decline under Big Chien.
    (Just as you did Ziles I typed the wrong date May 2017 and May 2016 should read 2018 and 2017 respectively. The decline remains a fact in those years.)

This thread is nowt to do wi Cryne Ziles. (Chien's record so far is to appoint Morais and oversee relegation--just the straight facts )

I ev given an answer to thi question, my work is done and I await next May to examine Nice's fortunes.
    I still struggle with your agenda SB , in your eyes it's perfectly acceptable for a man from Wombwell to make a substantial profit on investment to the detriment of the team and in due course the fans end up watching an inferior product .

However a number of foreign owners are not offered the same narrative and you cry foul play .

My opinion is this , Patrick Cryne was a business man first and a Barnsley fan second , I'd be extremely surprised if anyone of us who contribute on this board would have taken that amount of money out of the club to the detriment of the team when they were already in possession of great wealth , money back most certainly , small profit no problem .

Mr Lee is most certainly a business man first so I see very little difference between the past and present owner other than their respective places of birth .

If an ownership are judged on their places of birth then I think that's pretty narrow minded myself in all honesty SB .

There isn't a Barnsley fan with that kind of wealth who could have purchased the club from Cryne , Cryne was the only rich man in town and even he couldn't have bought the club at the price he sold it for .

Look around at some of the other clubs under foreign ownership and the damage they have caused , why not judge our owners on that because so far as a comparison they are a million miles away from those kind of shenanigans .

They were the only interested party when Cryne wanting to sell the club and they at least deserve to be given the benefit of time before serious judgements are made .

Just my humble opinion .

Out of order Animal to imply that I am a racist suggesting my view of being wary of Lee's motives for buying BFC is based on his race.
    Nowt more to say.

This record is the record of Barnsley FC regardless of who the owner was Just the straight facts SB

Out of order Animal to imply that I am a racist suggesting my view of being wary of Lee's motives for buying BFC is based on his race.
    Nowt more to say.
    I'm sincerely sorry you have taken my comments to mean you are a racist .

I never meant anything of the sort and I'm surprised you see it that way .

My comments were to suggest that it seems perfectly ok from your perspective for a locally born owner to take profit but not a collectve of foreign owners who don't have any connection to the town .

That's not racism I'm merely pointing out hypocrisy on your part .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 11-11-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast