+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OGC Nice Triumph Again

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I don’t think Animal implied you were racist SB , xenophobic maybe but definitely not racist
    Absolutely not ESR , never even entered my head that this could be dressed as racist or xenophobic .

I think insular is probably about right .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Absolutely not ESR , never even entered my head that this could be dressed as racist or xenophobic .

I think insular is probably about right .
    Sorry, was just trying to make light of the situation but didn’t come out as funny as it did in my head

I didn’t read it as a racist accusation though at all

Sorry, was just trying to make light of the situation but didn’t come out as funny as it did in my head

I didn’t read it as a racist accusation though at all
    No probs mate .

For what its worth i can't fault SB's research into our current owners. The blowk has shed more light on them and their time as owners of Nice than any of the arse kissing local press could ever do. I am keeping an open mind on the owners, to me their intentions seem sensible. They are running the club in the same vein as the predecessor which means the aim is that we remain debt free and self support. That is sensible in my opinion. There'll be decisions that they get wrong and some they'll get right,
    that's life. SB has pointed out some facts about them that we should all take on board and i respect that. Life always requires balance.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    For what its worth i can't fault SB's research into our current owners. The blowk has shed more light on them and their time as owners of Nice than any of the arse kissing local press could ever do. I am keeping an open mind on the owners, to me their intentions seem sensible. They are running the club in the same vein as the predecessor which means the aim is that we remain debt free and self support. That is sensible in my opinion. There'll be decisions that they get wrong and some they'll get right,
    that's life. SB has pointed out some facts about them that we should all take on board and i respect that. Life always requires balance.
    It’s just opinions, the world would be boring if everyone agreed. I think most fans have an open mind about them and I’ve not really met anyone who thought they were going to pump millions in and make us the new Man City

It’s just opinions, the world would be boring if everyone agreed. I think most fans have an open mind about them and I’ve not really met anyone who thought they were going to pump millions in and make us the new Man City
    What abart Young Nudger.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I still struggle with your agenda SB , in your eyes it's perfectly acceptable for a man from Wombwell to make a substantial profit on investment to the detriment of the team and in due course the fans end up watching an inferior product .

However a number of foreign owners are not offered the same narrative and you cry foul play .

My opinion is this , Patrick Cryne was a business man first and a Barnsley fan second , I'd be extremely surprised if anyone of us who contribute on this board would have taken that amount of money out of the club to the detriment of the team when they were already in possession of great wealth , money back most certainly , small profit no problem .

Mr Lee is most certainly a business man first so I see very little difference between the past and present owner other than their respective places of birth .

If an ownership are judged on their places of birth then I think that's pretty narrow minded myself in all honesty SB .

There isn't a Barnsley fan with that kind of wealth who could have purchased the club from Cryne , Cryne was the only rich man in town and even he couldn't have bought the club at the price he sold it for .

Look around at some of the other clubs under foreign ownership and the damage they have caused , why not judge our owners on that because so far as a comparison they are a million miles away from those kind of shenanigans .

They were the only interested party when Cryne wanting to sell the club and they at least deserve to be given the benefit of time before serious judgements are made .

Just my humble opinion .
    I think if you do more research you'll find Mr Cryne lost a lot of his own money not made a substantial profit especially not to the detriment of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    I think if you do more research you'll find Mr Cryne lost a lot of his own money not made a substantial profit especially not to the detriment of the team.
    So he got his money back plus £12m and kept hold of 20% of the club and that amounts to losing money , hmmm !!

The team as a consequence were relegated to league one in 2018 after sitting in 7th place in the championship on new years day 2017 .

Your go ....'...

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Bill you're obviously in the know about PC's financial affairs as I assume you've done the research you refer to so why not enlighten us all about your findings with some hard facts

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    That is just silly SB
    Based on how you have slated Chien & Ganaye I take it you'll not be attending Oakwell in future
    Do you see how silly that sounds?
    & what does "Smooak that" mean?
    I regard the present owners as a blip along the way of me supporting my home town club for 60 years. Owners come and go, my support is life long.

I wasn't aware I was obliged to follow your demands with an immediate reply Ziles but, as I am a polite, courteous fellow I can inform you that I am very rarely on this message board after 7pm and usually reply to issues the following morning.

The phrase "smooak that" refers to the practice of we village elders not to rush into wild, ill considered responses, but to sit on our stones, slowly fill our clay pipes and linger thinking an issue through as we slowly draw on our pipes. I suppose a more modern way of expressing "smooak that" would be "consider that a while".

May I thank fellow posters for debating whether I am a racist, or just a xenophobe, or merely insular (as well as being a hypocrite).It makes lovely morning reading and is much appreciated.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast