+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bielsas great but ...

Bielsas great but ...

No doubting the effect Bielsa has had on the playing squad to date -training / tactics / fitness, and overall results, but just starting to feel, his rigid approach to squad size / tight squad /players out of position etc, is just beginning to tell.
    Sure we have lost players in key positions, but that can happen to any team, but the club just hasn't the back up in experience / quality / age to fill in.

The match tonight against WBA, was perhaps a good wake up call, we lacked quality, no how, and also any real physical / strength in key areas - take Jansson / Cooper out of todays team, and nothing in the way of height or presence, both defending or attack, something which must be rectified asap - we are poor at defending f/kicks & corners and offer little at the other end.

Hope Bielsa is now starting to realise the rigours / physical side of the championship, getting that balance between skill / flair & the " physical " side is difficult, but the current side is just to lightweight - Saiz, Allioski , Herndanez , Roofe, Harrison, to maintain the progress the club has made, it needs to recruit some players with height & combative edge to complement the skill players.

Think the Jan window could be interesting, not just trying to attract the right style of player ( if available ) but will Bielsa /Orta / Rads share the same approach moving forwards.

A man of his stature and experience would have known the 'championship ' that he was getting into. It's just that he is working with mainly the skeleton that he inherited.
    January will tell the tale if we can put some sirloin to those bones.
    Just hope that by that time, we are not in the morgue.

Your up late billy

Bey your not as p1ssed as the Rev

Keep yer money in yer pocket Rev 🙄

Billy does a 2pm - 2am on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Keep yer money in yer pocket Rev ��

Wish I had now billy..got the mother of all hangovers.

I always tend to drink a little more when the Leeds let us down.

From Matchday thread but obviously relevant to this one:

I don't think Bielsa's well documented problems in previous roles are down to 'burn out' because of his supposed high intensity style, I think it's because he genuinely will only play one way, and once other decent teams in the same league suss it out then there is no plan B that Bielsa is willing to consider. This stubbornness also extends to his team selections and in-game decisions, which will start to p1ss off those squad members who, on merit, should be playing but aren't, and also start to cause unrest because of perceived favouritism.

I get the feeling that on a deep level he does believe he is a football genius, and that his way is the best, and only, way, and if it isn't working it's never because he needs to maybe consider altering or varying his approach, it's because others 'aren't executing it correctly'. I hope I'm wrong but the signs that this is starting to happen are there.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)