+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can AH handle it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    The thing is any manager who is fairly new too management and with something to recommend them wouldn't be coming to ncfc. If managing in the bottom division they would want to go higher and if managing in a league above they wouldn't drop down it would be a case of millions and millions of investment to get one. It's either one off the merry go round which we've had plenty of, or take a punt and back him which AH as done. Just think how he must feel years and years of hard graft building a successful business up and pouring millions into ncfc to get alot of hassle and negative comments he must feel sick.
    Yeah but the thing is whether you are pro or anti Kewell it doesnt really matter. However you look at it Kewell was / is a big risk in terms of an appointment. Yes you can say any manager is a big risk but an unproven one more so. So if it doesnt work you he can look forward to all the nae sayers going I told you so etc and who can blame them. I thought it was an odd appointment and if it works ok great. It's going to be a tall order

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    No need to waste his time with a question, the man is Clueless sadly as much as stability is needed ithas to be with the right applicant and '@rry Clueless is not that man.
    If HK was to be fired,we have a chairman who has already alienated 7 more when he appointed Hk with his comments about the ones he took serious & interviewed.

Imagine working alongside or employing someone not doing their job to the standards required. How would you feel? What would happen in a work situation? Would employers continually allow that worker to carry on without either trying to help them, disciplining them, or get shot of them? Kewell is not capable of doing the job, clearly has no people management skills and should go now. Paul Hart is also in that category in that he, as far as we know, has so far achieved nothing.
    Waiting until January to sign even more players ,who probably wouldn't want to come anyway, is far too late. And who would want the also-rans Kewell misguidedly imagines he can offload?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    You cant fault AH on many levels. However something needs to change in that the chairman shouldn't pick the manager in my opinion. Why would a chairman know what a good manager makes? Its been proven so many times at Notts that the Chairman picking the manager is a bad idea. You might as well have a straw poll of fans it would be more successful and detract blame from the chairman. He didn't learn from handing a big budget to Nolan who made an absolute pigs ear of it and then he brings in a rookie to pick up the pieces. he hasn't so far and is now under huge pressure. What a mistaka' to maka' Alan.
    Now there's a novel idea, qp, instead of just one man (the chairperson) to fire your bullets at, you have several hundred who didn't vote for your man. Let's face it though, many voters wouldn't have a clue what a good manager looks like even if he wore a big white hat and carried a bible and a banner saying, "Look at me, I'm a good manager, vote for me". By the way, how do you filter out the trolls and enemy infiltrators from the genuine supporters?

I entirely understand everyone's frustration - but where are all the alternatives?

AH
    ---
    Okay, all we've got to do is bring in a multi-millionaire who's prepared to pi55 millions down the drain for a very unfashionable bunch of rock-bottom losers, with awful support, overshadowed by illustrious ba5stards only about 300 metres away.

HK
    ---
    He's had some terrible results, but he's also had some fairly good results. Is his record any worse than Nolan's?
    And before somebody posts - please don't start banging on about previous blah blah - the only thing that matters is now / this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    I entirely understand everyone's frustration - but where are all the alternatives?

AH
    ---
    Okay, all we've got to do is bring in a multi-millionaire who's prepared to pi55 millions down the drain for a very unfashionable bunch of rock-bottom losers, with awful support, overshadowed by illustrious ba5stards only about 300 metres away.

HK
    ---
    He's had some terrible results, but he's also had some fairly good results. Is his record any worse than Nolan's?
    And before somebody posts - please don't start banging on about previous blah blah - the only thing that matters is now / this season.
    We are fortunate to have an owner who bought the club for the right reasons and has good intentions for it. He has said, and I believe him, that if another genuine investor came along with greater resources than he can provide, he would not stand in their way, whether that means working with them or selling the club, but unless or until that happens, we are in the best hands we could be. That was true last season when we were top of the league, and it is still true now.

As we have found with previous owners, the most difficult variable to get right is the choice of manager. Ray Trew in the space of six years pretty much went through every type of manager you could imagine, from youth to experience, domestic to foreign, low key to high profile, and it never worked out consistently. Alan Hardy clearly prefers young, up-and-coming managers which may or may not be a risky strategy, but I think so far he has been short-changed to a degree by his football professionals (management and players). Other clubs have spent and paid far less in wages and got far more for their money. It's too early to reach firm conclusions about Harry Kewell, because it's been a mixed bag of performances and results. In terms of his signings, Turley has looked a bargain and Milsom and Ward have looked good at times, not so much at others. I'm not sure that Evina is much of an improvement at left-back, but the real test of Kewell's talent for moving players out and bringing the right ones in will be in the January window. Results in the New Year will show whether this is a manager we can trust or not. At the moment, he's still having to deal with big problem left by Nolan i.e. a deficit of the right type of midfielders to play in this league.
    Last edited by jackal2; 12-11-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post

AH
    ---

HK
    ---
    It's fair to say that we have looked better under HK this season than Nolan, who had totally lost the plot. HK has actually won some games, and we've certainly looked more like a team during the better performances. Really, we should have won a couple more - Crawley at home and that game where Hemmings should have had a hattrick.

But we've also been really poor the last few games since the break. HK needs to put a stop to this on Saturday, or there really will be trouble. But he's a manager with a 30% win rate so far in his career. He has only ever managed one other club - a blow average L2 outfit, where he did a fairly good job, but nothing special. We still have no real idea if he's a potential star or just another limited rookie, but the only way to find out is to stick with him for a bit. Unless we go into free fall and actually look like going down - which means being worse than Macclesfield and another club - we should see what he can do with the team for the rest of the season. These aren't his players, remember. I wasn't really keen on his appointment in the first place, but if AH goes ahead and gets rid after a few defeats, bearing in mind the form of the club before HK arrived, it'll be straight back to the dark days of Trew.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's fair to say that we have looked better under HK this season than Nolan, who had totally lost the plot. HK has actually won some games, and we've certainly looked more like a team during the better performances. Really, we should have won a couple more - Crawley at home and that game where Hemmings should have had a hattrick.

But we've also been really poor the last few games since the break. HK needs to put a stop to this on Saturday, or there really will be trouble. But he's a manager with a 30% win rate so far in his career. He has only ever managed one other club - a blow average L2 outfit, where he did a fairly good job, but nothing special. We still have no real idea if he's a potential star or just another limited rookie, but the only way to find out is to stick with him for a bit. Unless we go into free fall and actually look like going down - which means being worse than Macclesfield and another club - we should see what he can do with the team for the rest of the season. These aren't his players, remember. I wasn't really keen on his appointment in the first place, but if AH goes ahead and gets rid after a few defeats, bearing in mind the form of the club before HK arrived, it'll be straight back to the dark days of Trew.
    Our current form in the last five games put's us bottom of League two. However our form in the last ten games puts us 13th in League Two.

HK's managerial record so far (excluding the Forest Green Rovers game);

Notts County P12, W3, D4, L5, GF15, GA23, GD-8, Pts 13.

That put's us in 21st place. We now need to start an unbeaten run going by beating Cheltenham at home on Saturday which psychologically is a massive game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123