+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuart Kettlewell - bitter clown

Hopefully someone will confirm what it was when it was at max Chick, can't remember how big it got. imo 7/8/9 is daylight

5 now though, great effort so far from Robbie and the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Hopefully someone will confirm what it was when it was at max Chick, can't remember how big it got. imo 7/8/9 is daylight

5 now though, great effort so far from Robbie and the boys.
    Looks like it was 8 bud. Want to say more but dont want to tempt fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Looks like it was 8 bud. Want to say more but dont want to tempt fate!
    Chick I don't think you can tempt fate that much tbh.

What we are seeing now is a manager who doesn't say daft things, keeps the message direct and to the point, and the players will be enjoying that. The whole thing has just turned on its head that easily. ok a lot of hard work going into it as well, but it's just a change of philosophy.

You said that the 5 gap could become 11 if we lose to Alloa and Ayr win their next 2 matches. To me that's Csaba style thinking and it's that type of negativity that ate away at the players and everything in Tannadice. We need to put it the other way round, and I think that's what Robbie is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Chick I don't think you can tempt fate that much tbh.

What we are seeing now is a manager who doesn't say daft things, keeps the message direct and to the point, and the players will be enjoying that. The whole thing has just turned on its head that easily. ok a lot of hard work going into it as well, but it's just a change of philosophy.

You said that the 5 gap could become 11 if we lose to Alloa and Ayr win their next 2 matches. To me that's Csaba style thinking and it's that type of negativity that ate away at the players and everything in Tannadice. We need to put it the other way round, and I think that's what Robbie is doing.
    That's it in a nutshell mate.

He is frustrated because his team were pretty powder puff. Robbie even said he enjoyed the 8 minutes additional time because he never felt under threat as the defence comfortably dealt with anything County threw at them. I sense worry and with Robbie confidence

Robbie big task is not only get the players to not panic when we are only leading by 1 goal in the last couple of minutes but it's getting the fans not to worry! The last game against Alloa up at their place is a prime example...we are 1 goal up and cruising. Then Shambles makes a change which invites more pressure on us and the players and fans start to sh#t the bed! We look nervous, the players make mistakes and the fans get nervous at the mistakes causing us to spiral downwards until we capitulate! We then go from 1 nil up to hanging on to get a draw. Clean sheets will help boost our defences confidence and games like the county one will help boost the fans confidence.
    Getting the players to have the mindset that they can grab a second goal when 1-0 up is a MASSIVE change from shambles! A long way to go and one game at a time mantra will also go a long way to easing the pressure. This manager has learned his trade from a very good manager! In Robbie we trust!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Robbie big task is not only get the players to not panic when we are only leading by 1 goal in the last couple of minutes but it's getting the fans not to worry! The last game against Alloa up at their place is a prime example...we are 1 goal up and cruising. Then Shambles makes a change which invites more pressure on us and the players and fans start to sh#t the bed! We look nervous, the players make mistakes and the fans get nervous at the mistakes causing us to spiral downwards until we capitulate! We then go from 1 nil up to hanging on to get a draw. Clean sheets will help boost our defences confidence and games like the county one will help boost the fans confidence.
    Getting the players to have the mindset that they can grab a second goal when 1-0 up is a MASSIVE change from shambles! A long way to go and one game at a time mantra will also go a long way to easing the pressure. This manager has learned his trade from a very good manager! In Robbie we trust!
    It comes from every player knowing the tactics and the role they have to play. How many times did Csaba make a sub and we immediately lost a goal. Not necessarily bad subs but I believe they were confused as to what the manager wanted.
    Robbie has at the very least got us playing as a cohesive unit. Now the fans can rely on this and relax a little. Even players that some had written off are starting to make an impression. Edge for example was all over the place under Laszlo. Last two games he's been rock solid. That's thd mark of a good manager, getting the best out of the players he's got.

Very alike when Rodgers took over at Celtic.....all of a sudden he has an unbeatable team with the squad that was left by Ronnie! All of a sudden, player that were heading for the exit had suddenly doubled in value! It just seems to have dripped that the players, the management and the fans all being on the same side can make a difference...we are now more UNITED than we have been in years. It will just take the remainder of the fans to take the leap and join the party. Robbie is trying to polish a turd but it does seem to be working
    We need to back the club so it can back the manager in January! We are all cogs in a big wheel!

He was on STV's sports news the other day and the reporter mentioned that Neilson was saying all the pressure is now on County to beat the Pars on Saturday,he said it was just mind games but then listed all their players either out or carrying injuries going into the match
    My honest opinion is he was worried that a team they had destroyed 4 weeks ago could scupper his massive promotion bonus from uncle Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    He was on STV's sports news the other day and the reporter mentioned that Neilson was saying all the pressure is now on County to beat the Pars on Saturday,he said it was just mind games but then listed all their players either out or carrying injuries going into the match
    My honest opinion is he was worried that a team they had destroyed 4 weeks ago could scupper his massive promotion bonus from uncle Roy.
    To be fair GB, they currently do have a lot of players out - not just Gardyne but pretty well every central defender they've got, with Morris resuming his regular appointments with the treatment table and Fontaine now out for the season. Additionally Big Chief Hammer Thrower Ross Draper is doubtful for their game today too. I'm certainly not complaining - I can see them dropping points today.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)