+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The time is approaching......

The time is approaching......

There has been research into prayer. Hospital patients have been divided into those who were prayed for, and those who wernt.
    Those who were prayed for got better, quicker, and had higher survival rates.

IT WORKS.

The time is coming whereby prayer is your only hope.......this message is not a joke. It might even work in your own misbegotten sorry lives. Dont take that as an insult, most lives are, including Cambridge fans.

Not often you see the word "misbegotten" on a football forum. I'll give you a shout next time I'm playing Scrabble. It won't get big points but it will use up a few letters.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Not often you see the word "misbegotten" on a football forum.
    It's apparently quite a common word in those parts.

Many Cambridge fans were heard using it as they left Guiseley's ground this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    There has been research into prayer. Hospital patients have been divided into those who were prayed for, and those who wernt.

IT WORKS.

The time is coming whereby prayer is your only hope.......this message is not a joke. It might even work in your own misbegotten sorry lives. Dont take that as an insult, most lives are, including Cambridge fans.
    It's certainly an interesting subject, something which actually freaks me out a little. Only fair to add a little substance after your proclaimed it works. For instance some studies have found prayer actually inhibits recovery. That's an odd finding, but true.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2802370/

Prayer is about as useful as superstition, and I agree with the UFC fighter Conor McGregor that superstation is a form of fear or weakness. If you believe that going through some sort of pre-fight ritual or wearing your lucky socks for a football match has any material effect on your performance, in effect you're trying to deflect and diminish your own responsibility. In reality, your chances of success depend on whether you display more effort and talent than your opponent, and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Prayer is about as useful as superstition, and I agree with the UFC fighter Conor McGregor that superstation is a form of fear or weakness. If you believe that going through some sort of pre-fight ritual or wearing your lucky socks for a football match has any material effect on your performance, in effect you're trying to deflect and diminish your own responsibility. In reality, your chances of success depend on whether you display more effort and talent than your opponent, and that's it.
    Agree totally except that I think the OP was talking about being prayed for, rather than praying for yourself.

Edit: Re-reading OP maybe I'm wrong on that score. If OP was about "self-prayer" then I have to disagree. I've been praying for Notts to be good at football for years, look where that's got us.
    Last edited by pielover; 11-11-2018 at 04:47 PM.

IT WORKS.

Absolute crap. Your first paragraph is a lie. Show where you got this bullsh!t from - IT DOES NOT WORK. Prayer is nothing but wishful thinking and special pleading and in itself achieves nothing.

Research HAS shown that claims for success in prayer are exaggerated by people with an interest in converting the gullible into whichever faith these people have an interest in, usually Roman Catholicism, and NOT by the medical profession. Research HAS shown that faith in prayer and miracles, abandoning treatment by doctors using modern medical drugs and treatment, kills the ignorant masses by the million in the third world.

Read the books by Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens and watch the YouTube videos by AronRa, Matt Dillahunty, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and others, then form your own opinion.

IT WORKS.

You are one of the monority of posters whom if you had a brain would be considered to be dangerous, as it you are just a carbunkle on our Message Board.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Absolute crap. Your first paragraph is a lie. Show where you got this bullsh!t from - IT DOES NOT WORK. Prayer is nothing but wishful thinking and special pleading and in itself achieves nothing.

Research HAS shown that claims for success in prayer are exaggerated by people with an interest in converting the gullible into whichever faith these people have an interest in, usually Roman Catholicism, and NOT by the medical profession. Research HAS shown that faith in prayer and miracles, abandoning treatment by doctors using modern medical drugs and treatment, kills the ignorant masses by the million in the third world.

Read the books by Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens and watch the YouTube videos by AronRa, Matt Dillahunty, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and others, then form your own opinion.
    I am & have been an atheist for years but this doesn't stop me from accepting that prayer & a belief in whichever faith brings comfort to many people,actually curing people now that's a completely different matter & I would rather rely on a pill myself, however if anyone wants to offer up a prayer that they think may help Notts then feel free as I cannot see what harm it can do. Live & Let Live.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I am & have been an atheist for years but this doesn't stop me from accepting that prayer & a belief in whichever faith brings comfort to many people,actually curing people now that's a completely different matter & I would rather rely on a pill myself, however if anyone wants to offer up a prayer that they think may help Notts then feel free as I cannot see what harm it can do. Live & Let Live.
    I'd concur ancient.
    If that prayer, gives the instigator belief and will, then who is anyone to deny them that?
    There is many a case of disabled people told they would never walk or hold things again. Only for medical advice to be ignored and persons belief has mystified some and gone and baffled everyone by recovering.

God knows what's right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast