+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The time is approaching......

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Absolute crap. Your first paragraph is a lie. Show where you got this bullsh!t from - IT DOES NOT WORK. Prayer is nothing but wishful thinking and special pleading and in itself achieves nothing.

Research HAS shown that claims for success in prayer are exaggerated by people with an interest in converting the gullible into whichever faith these people have an interest in, usually Roman Catholicism, and NOT by the medical profession. Research HAS shown that faith in prayer and miracles, abandoning treatment by doctors using modern medical drugs and treatment, kills the ignorant masses by the million in the third world.

Read the books by Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens and watch the YouTube videos by AronRa, Matt Dillahunty, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and others, then form your own opinion.
    While I believe that prayer is effective, I certainly would not advocate it in place of using modern drugs, but both are valuable.

It's quite a pointless argument really as whatever side you come down on, you'll find something somewhere to back up your argument. Dawkins and Hitchen are hardly likely to look at it objectively as they have already decided.

I'm not in favour of praying for a Notts win - surely if that were to work then if the other team had more praying - they would win!

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    There has been research into prayer. Hospital patients have been divided into those who were prayed for, and those who wernt.
    Those who were prayed for got better, quicker, and had higher survival rates.

IT WORKS.

The time is coming whereby prayer is your only hope.......this message is not a joke. It might even work in your own misbegotten sorry lives. Dont take that as an insult, most lives are, including Cambridge fans.
    My home town beat you today, chin up though pal as you can now concentrate on the league like us.

The problem with prayer is the dilemma it creates for the imaginary bloke up above if both sides pray equally. Does he go for a score draw?

Of all the problems people are hoping he will solve through prayer, I somehow can't see a Notts County game being on his priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The problem with prayer is the dilemma it creates for the imaginary bloke up above if both sides pray equally. Does he go for a score draw?

Of all the problems people are hoping he will solve through prayer, I somehow can't see a Notts County game being on his priority list.
    I'm not religious, but I understand that prayer is not about asking for positive outcomes, like a win for a football club, but for the strength to bear whatever happens with acceptance, humility and grace - win, lose or draw. Whether there is a 'higher power' or not, perhaps the process of doing this actually does help people to deal with stuff better.

Can this really be so? That the vast majority, if not all, think that this reality is all there is?, that there is nothing more?

STUNNING. This is how it goes. I think there is, and so will it be for me. When you decide to look at yourselves and the universe you live in with new eyes, your life will change. The key word is when.

Its going to be a looooong time. Not in this lifetime.

p.s, in the mind of a bug, a human being does not exist. Till it gets stood on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12