+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rooneys "testimonial'

Rooneys "testimonial'

The first time I saw Rooney was his first appearance in Evertons first team, I think it was against Arsenal. He scored a stunning goal. Not long after he was in the England team in his first tournament where he was fantastic until he sustained an injury. Following his move to Manchester United he had a long successful career in the Premier League. He also played regularly for England and played in numerous World Cups and European tournaments. In all the games he played at tournaments following his first appearance as an 18 year old he was a disappointment. He often turned up overweight and overrated and never fulfilled his potential and in my opinion never qualified as "world class" on the world stage. One of his teammates at Manchester United, Christiano Ronaldo was and still is "world class"
    Numerous England managers over the years played Rooney despite his poor performances and long after he became slow and cumbersome. I accept he scored a lot of goals but I think his England career was an anti climax.
    The decision to play Rooney in a kind of farewell guest appearance in the next England match is demeaning to all the players who have worked hard to win England caps and not kept on when they are well past their sell by date. I think its also patronising to the opposition, the England team should be represented by the best available players.
    The final insult is the FA calling it a match for charity-to which they are contributing nothing. The punters are expected to pay through the nose for their ticket and then fill up the charity buckets.

Nothings changed and nothing will with these suits at FA as long as that money wagon keeps rolling along same as all the other football governing bodies and half of them are corrupt

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Nothings changed and nothing will with these suits at FA as long as that money wagon keeps rolling along same as all the other football governing bodies and half of them are corrupt
    Order Order
    Half of them are not corrupt

Okay then 3/4

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Which 1/2 doz Are Baz belong (for out I know Baz is still at the FA)

Stop replyin to K S , wendy fan , sets trip wires , land mines , leaving an ugly situation on our board , starts threads and doesn't reply to any , WHY ? Because he's a ¤¤¤¤

Baz is only T lad at FA

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    The first time I saw Rooney was his first appearance in Evertons first team, I think it was against Arsenal. He scored a stunning goal. Not long after he was in the England team in his first tournament where he was fantastic until he sustained an injury. Following his move to Manchester United he had a long successful career in the Premier League. He also played regularly for England and played in numerous World Cups and European tournaments. In all the games he played at tournaments following his first appearance as an 18 year old he was a disappointment. He often turned up overweight and overrated and never fulfilled his potential and in my opinion never qualified as "world class" on the world stage. One of his teammates at Manchester United, Christiano Ronaldo was and still is "world class"
    Numerous England managers over the years played Rooney despite his poor performances and long after he became slow and cumbersome. I accept he scored a lot of goals but I think his England career was an anti climax.
    The decision to play Rooney in a kind of farewell guest appearance in the next England match is demeaning to all the players who have worked hard to win England caps and not kept on when they are well past their sell by date. I think its also patronising to the opposition, the England team should be represented by the best available players.
    The final insult is the FA calling it a match for charity-to which they are contributing nothing. The punters are expected to pay through the nose for their ticket and then fill up the charity buckets.
    It’s a farce and he shouldn’t play

The England team have made huge strides since Rooney's days , Southgate has put the pride back in to wearing the england shirt , got rid of the egos , club rivalries and the wags turning major tournaments into a reality tv series .

Whilst we aren't world beaters the culture around players representing the nation is so much better and we had a decent world cup .

Now this circus .

Possibly everything Gareth Southgate doesn't stand for .

Rooney is just another underperforming ex England player who are a dime a dozen .

Ridiculous .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 11-11-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Whilst I agree that this testimonial or whatever it is is totally daft and wrong, I think a player who's scored a record 50 odd goals for England should be held in better esteem than he seems to be. He was not world class was Rooney but he was a very good footballer. Its an achievement that deserves a great deal of credit in my opinion. Many have tried and failed in the 40 odd years that Bobby Charltons record stood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast