+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Topics slot for Small Portions of Despair & Enlightenment .........

Sorry Mrs O, Leeds may listen, but frankly the "mini-season" ticket offer is much less attractive than the headline "from £24.80 per adult would make it look.

The only way to get that price is to have the wherewithall (both in terms of warm bodies and cash) to go as a family, otherwise the next cheapest route is nearly £28 for north/south stands, and then onwards (and upwards) to around £35 for the East and West stands.

Not quite as good as it seems in headline terms

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Sorry Mrs O, Leeds may listen, but frankly the "mini-season" ticket offer is much less attractive than the headline "from £24.80 per adult would make it look.

The only way to get that price is to have the wherewithall (both in terms of warm bodies and cash) to go as a family, otherwise the next cheapest route is nearly £28 for north/south stands, and then onwards (and upwards) to around £35 for the East and West stands.

Not quite as good as it seems in headline terms

Mmmm,catch 22 situation for me as I'm in marketing/promotions but on saying that .............

Tickets were frozen in July 2018 after consultation .........'early bird' purchase offered discounts for loyalty were snapped up and new sales were up too,for the record as were concessions and kids sales - so pricing appears to be acceptable.

The 2018/19 adult season tickets were available from £349, which equates to £15.18 per match, whilst junior season tickets were available from £72, which equates to £3.14 per match, representing a big saving on matchday prices...........

The city also has other attractions - The Leeds Rhinos for instance we're offering Standing Memberships priced from £216 for adults, £144 for concessions and start from just £45 for juniors (16 & under) I recall reading on one memo at the time before the 2018/19 season prices were set at ER.

I understand for the 2019 season the Rhinos are offering discounted family season deals now starting from £300 to over £400 for an adult seat for starters ..............https://tickets.therhinos.co.uk/Page...ai6Tzy9SHXWqw=

Leeds as a city has a hell of a lot of attractions weekly,the music venues especially and compared to football prices are on another planet ..........

https://www.academymusicgroup.com/o2academyleeds/

Yes,yes I do get your drift and yes,yes as a parent myself of four its tough financing kids needs today let alone those of Mum and Dad but even football/rugby clubs have overheads to cover.

MOT

Sad to hear my old local paper in Leeds is in difficulty tonight,albeit that it's now printed in Sheffield.

Lots of memories,particularly the Saturday evening Green'Un edition of years back.

In 2017 Johnston Press reported a £300m loss - the group publishes The Yorkshire Post & Evening Post Leeds and it appears is entering into Administration ....... hope a buyer is found.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46243622

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Problem is when your the keeper your mistakes are going to cost goals...goals win games.

A big call for Bielsa for the next game.

I would drop him personally..but that is just my opinion.
    Don't think he has the option of dropping him now Rev... Sods bloody law - we have to be one of the unluckiest teams ever!

Well Oz good news for you mate ........reports of Leeds to play in Australia against Scum - playing the game in Perth before travelling across to Sydney ............. in 2019.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/manc...australia-tour

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Well Oz good news for you mate ........reports of Leeds to play in Australia against Scum - playing the game in Perth before travelling across to Sydney ............. in 2019.

MOT
    Can't be true. Leeds don't usually organise pre season untill July

MOT
    So depending on how we do in the league, this will either be the first time since "THAT" FA Cup game that these two teams have faced each other, and they are doing it half a world away from their home fans, and we don't know when such an opportunity will come round again, or.....same event, but a pre-season prior to our return to the PL, spent half a world away...either way, too far, too much.

I've said many times that the pre-season should be competitive rather than the banana-skin filled nonsense we have seen in recent years, but this is going from the sublime to the ridiculous (if true of course)

MOT
    Will certainly be entertaining the notion Mrs.O, but will have to see how both options pan out. Unlike in England where you can nearly reach most destinations in a couple of hours by vehicle, this takes a ittle more doing! It's about a 6 hour flight from Brisbane to Perth! About 1 1/2 hours to Sydney (or 15 hours by car!) would be an easier option. The lad follows them too though, so he may want to go also.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So depending on how we do in the league, this will either be the first time since "THAT" FA Cup game that these two teams have faced each other, and they are doing it half a world away from their home fans, and we don't know when such an opportunity will come round again, or.....same event, but a pre-season prior to our return to the PL, spent half a world away...either way, too far, too much.

I've said many times that the pre-season should be competitive rather than the banana-skin filled nonsense we have seen in recent years, but this is going from the sublime to the ridiculous (if true of course)

Big teams & Big bucks to be made everywhere not just inside and outside stadia.

Aser/ELEVEN Sports are Rad's wallet revenue and will be promoting their services globally no doubt but our fan base IS far and wide - the game requires newer fans from a broader base today and media platforms deliver that whether right or wrong via TV subscription .............. not all can attend games in the UK so obviously a market is there .

Exploiting fans some would argue whilst others would expect such a service to be delivered ............... take your pick as ALAW.

If your Leeds you'll get to see our games live or on Tv end of ......

https://www.techradar.com/uk/how-to/...-do-i-watch-it

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Will certainly be entertaining the notion Mrs.O, but will have to see how both options pan out. Unlike in England where you can nearly reach most destinations in a couple of hours by vehicle, this takes a ittle more doing! It's about a 6 hour flight from Brisbane to Perth! About 1 1/2 hours to Sydney (or 15 hours by car!) would be an easier option. The lad follows them too though, so he may want to go also.
    Yeah but how long in a kayak ?

MOT

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)