+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Topics slot for Small Portions of Despair & Enlightenment .........

Topics slot for Small Portions of Despair & Enlightenment .........

Topics slot for Small Portions of Despair & Enlightenment (Reflections,hindsight of events etc)

Remembrance Day

Rest assured WTF11 - France remembered !

My family joined our villagers in a full turn out from ages covering 3 months to 98.............. travelling back last night every hamlet,village,town and city had the war memorials lit up with guards of honour in attendance dressed in full uniform.

On BPF criticism ...........Disagree ............... as man management required.

Youngsters need to know they are safe. They want to know they will not be bullied, threatened, or embarrassed by management. While management still needs to enforce rules and/or expectations it is important that they do not use 'public shaming'. Shame and humiliation only de-motivates young players in the long run........ Bielsa will note how BPF responds in training before making any decision.As Championship keepers go he's no better or worse,IMO, but has time via experience to improve his obvious potential.

Calls for Blackman ? ............Blunt fans got on his back last season & a few of our fans were less than inspired with his 'low wide shot handling' in his two games for us so far ............. again he's young BUT a Chelsea contracted player which he knows.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/2...ical-of-jamal/

British politics WTF11 .................... ?

The First World War to many was an end to optimism in human life.On reflection the very same reason I left the UK .......... today the Church bells are still ringing in France whether that be in Southampton I know not but I recall reading that over 2 million troops left the local port and many never returned ........ In France today "They were not Forgotten".

I hope the UK also respected the fallen too.

I applaud your Daughter in her chosen vocation and I know the NHS is under the cosh through my own Daughters experiences within it and again another reason why I now reside in France.

Brexit - Mmm, as an outsider I fear like you what may happen ...............

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

On BPF criticism ...........Disagree ............... as man management required.
    I think the way the criticism is being delivered is unfair, even if people think it is justified. It's a fair observation to say that the last few weeks he hasn't been reaching his normal standards.

No doubt he is also still learning the strengths and weaknesses of his own game as well as his colleagues at this level. ffs the defensive unit in front of him is changing nearly every week too. He has probably never really had to deal with such intensity from the Leeds support or media, being first choice in a side pushing for promotion that is on Sky every other week and being broadcast to the nation. every thing he is doing been scrutinized. The handful of games he got last season people were more patient with him as WW was still fresh in the memory, this season it almost as though we are focused on the error's instead of the positives in his performances.

This season he is an international first choice keep too, I just can't help thinking he has so much in the football world to deal with, never mind being just 22 and having to deal with life in general. How much pressure must he be under is anyone's guess.

Maybe he is fatigued, mentally fatigued, low on confidence, all 3 or something else, I don't think he has become bad overnight and that perhaps taking him out of the immediate firing line and giving him a break will help him in the long term.

..... a very astute answer FTW.

The nature of the game is the goalkeeper has no escape from criticism.It's a position that requires 100% mental toughness week in and the best and quickest way to get it is by playing games week in ....... experience and age as in life is essential too - for whatever reason pre season the club,coaching staff and Management gave him the responsibility of being our number one and having no real experience of that role those in the know still gave him that opportunity for a reason.
    Age,potential and mentality he undoubtedly has so we'll see what happens .............. whatever 'experiences' throws at him next will show all if he is to be a genuine talent.

MOT

A crazy league this season 'fact' to ponder before some of you get down in the dumps .............

We beat Derby 4-1 at their place.
    Derby beat WBA 4-1 at their place.
    WBA beat us 4-1 at their place.
    So we'll just have to beat WBA at our place !
    Defeat for WBA would have left them outside the top 10 which is dire for a club with parachute payment big bucks being used to settle debts outstanding.Not great for 'em with the likes of Gareth Barry 37 and keeper Boaz Myhill 37 on the bench let alone a sulky new signing Bartley mooching around the training ground.
    A quick look at their Profit & Loss accounts show their owners intentions 'tho.

Enlightening fact to ponder ......... only four teams in the history of the Championship have gone up automatically after being out of the top six at this stage of the season and none in the past SIX seasons.
    (Slumberland 2006/07, Stoke 2007/08 Budgies 2010/11 and Reading 2011/12)

In hindsight - Bartley .......... anyone now still wanting him on the big wages he was requiring as WBA fans don't want him it appears ........ now either.

Despair ..........Pontus out of Sweden v Russia clash (foot injury) - should have come off on Saturday as he was calling for the ice bucket most of the second half ....... hopefully 'foot injury' is NOT twisted ankle or ligament damage so fingers crossed.It may explain why Douglas gave the bench a mouthful when Bielsa 'hooked' him off to get some fresh legs down the left.

MOT

We're ****ed if he's fkd- along with Berardi and Ayling.

Problem is when your the keeper your mistakes are going to cost goals...goals win games.

A big call for Bielsa for the next game.

I would drop him personally..but that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Problem is when your the keeper your mistakes are going to cost goals...goals win games.

I would drop him personally..but that is just my opinion.
    .................. or ....................

Problem is when your the keeper your teammates mistakes are going to cost goals ... goals win games.
    I would drop teammates personally..but that is just (an) opinion.

........ or ................

Problem is when your the Coach your mistakes are going to cost goals .. goals win games.
    I would not blame individuals personally .. but that is just an opinion.

Easy in it Rev this football malarkey ..............

MOT
    Ps Keepers on pressure .......... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ical-toll.html

Despair ........
    Outgoing PL Executive Chairman in the ££££'s ...... slightly taken aback by proposals to sign off a £5million golden goodbye to Richard Scudamore. ... this giant pay packet is on top of an annual bonus of up to £1.6m he already creams off.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ard-scudamore/

Enlightenment ...........
    Interesting appointment in his place too - close mate of the Rad's business world.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Despair ........
    Outgoing PL Executive Chairman in the ££££'s ...... slightly taken aback by proposals to sign off a £5million golden goodbye to Richard Scudamore. ... this giant pay packet is on top of an annual bonus of up to £1.6m he already creams off.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ard-scudamore/

Enlightenment ...........
    Interesting appointment in his place too - close mate of the Rad's business world.
    I think the despair much outweighs the enlightenment in this case.
    FFS 5mil? As if the poor chaps salary and bonus wasn't enough. Greedy Prem cnut.

.......... dodging the rain today so suspended all work on our roof including my job of doing the brick repointing so before losing the remaining finger nails I've got left I've been on my laptop again .......... as work will resume tomorrow.

Harry Kewell sacked by Notts County after 10 weeks ............."Firstly I would like to thank the fans for welcoming me to the club. Everyone behind the scenes, the players and coaching staff. I would also like to thank Alan Hardy for the opportunity. As you can imagine I’m very frustrated to leave after 73 days and 14 games in charge."
    Mmm,great gifted player but ................... we'll all have opinions - for me his etiquette was not genuine and he actually once walked past my son who had politely asked for an autograph.Viduka actually signed for my son whilst both were queuing for a sandwich in a deli in Wetherby,near TA - says it all.

Bamford back running around TA daily is great news so maybe Boxing Day if all goes to plan or the FA Cup first week of January - that's if we're up for the Cup this season .......... ?

I see Chelsea will allow ex Bolton stopper Gary Cahill to go out on loan - at 32 I'd have him to bolster our defence ........
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...n-move-january

Rest assured that there are folks who convey true football supporters views on all matters of interest or concern.The latest FSF (Football Supporters Federation) Agenda minutes Oct 29th 2018 I've edited to show some topics of what's discussed below.
    .......... for me now I'm just a fan BUT I do wish folks who moan about ineffective club communication to fans would effectively communicate direct to club(s) concerned.
    Leeds actually do listen,read fans views,do discuss,do ask & evaluate merits offered......... so i note a great deal for our 'grande finale' 10 home games to the 2018/19 is now available in the form of a 'Mini Season Ticket' - now on offer from £24 for adults.
    https://www.leedsunited.com

FSF-EFL Fans Group Meeting -The Wesley Hotel, London, NW1 2EZ

In attendance:

Adam Hobbs (AH) - Brentford Independent Association of Supporters
    Alan Bloore (ABl) - Barnsley Supporters Trust
    Ashley Browne (ABr) – Supporters Direct
    Amanda Jacks (AJ) - FSF
    Barry Dewing (BD) - Pompey Independent Supporters Association
    CJ Joiner (CJ) - Sky Blue Trust
    Danial Pratt (DP) - Gills Independent Supporters' Club
    Dave Tomlinson (DT) - The Railwaymen
    David Little (DL) - Swansea City Supporters Trust
    David Michael (DMic) – My Old Man Said
    David Minckley (DMin) - Brentford Independent Association of Supporters
    David Rose (DR) - FSF
    Deborah Dilworth (DD) - SD
    Jeremy Gardner (JG) - QPR 1st Supporters' Trust
    John Cosh (JC) - N/A
    Kevin Miles (KM) - FSF
    Kristine Green (KG) - Mariners Trust
    Lloyd Briscoe - Stevenage FC Supporters' Association
    Malcolm Clarke (MCl) - Stoke City Supporters Club
    Malcolm Cole (MCo) - Colchester United Supporters Association
    Malcolm Hirst (MH) - Port Vale Supporters Club
    Manny Dominguez (MD) - Bradford City Supporters' Trust
    Mark Jordan (MJ) - Blackpool Whites
    Martin O'Hara (MOH) - Vikings Supporters' Co-Operative
    Michael Brunskill - FSF
    Micky Simpson (MSim) - Association of Millwall Supporters
    Micky Singh (MSin) – Blues 4 All
    Mike Heaps (MH) - Colchester United Supporters Association
    Neil Le Milliere (NLM) - Exeter City Supporters Trust
    Richard Wiseman (RW) - Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust
    *Rick Duniec (RD) - Leeds United Supporters Trust
    Rob Nichols (RN) - Middlesbrough Fans Forum
    Roger Groves (RG) - Shrewsbury Town Supporters' Parliament
    Russell Anson (RA) - Hull City Supporters Trust
    Teddy Bellamy - Millwall Supporters’ Club
    Tim Hillyer (TH) - Dons Supporters Trust
    Tony Wilkinson (TW) – Blackpool Supporters’ Trust

Agenda
    *Matters arising (FSF update)
    Stand Up For Choice
    Weather postponement
    Supporter Liaison Officers
    Rail fares
    *Broadcast matters / iFollow / international streaming
    *Concessionary ticketing
    *Supporter engagement
    *Watching Football Is Not A Crime!

*Matters arising (FSF update) ..................
    iFollow / international streaming / broadcast matters

DR outlines how clubs in L1/L2 are broadcasting Saturday 3pm kick-offs for the first time this season.
    MOH says that FSF policy is to support 3pm blackout and that must be reiterated in strongest possible terms to EFL. MOH feels EFL misled delegates at the last meeting.
    KG says around 50% of her club’s fans are happy for games to be streamed, many are exiles etc. GTFC pushed the concept heavily when they were on the road but are not doing so when they are at home.
    AH says some Brentford fans have used VPN to bypass territorial licensing restrictions.
    DMic says Villa opted out of iFollow but the club’s own service is stripped back and more expensive than iFollow.
    NLM says away clubs selling the game get money which means the home club takes a double hit. Not economically sound.
    JC outlines his own research on attendances and doesn’t discern a pattern.
    RA says he understands you get £100,000 for being on Sky Sports but how much for appearing on the “red button”?
    DD believes we should push back on “terrible” customer service issues.
    TB points out that many televised fixtures are very difficult for travelling fans to attend.
    Action – FSF to ask EFL how much clubs receive for appearing on the red button.

*Concessionary ticketing .................
    MB outlines current FSF view that a Young Adult category (U23) should be introduced.
    KG explains lack of consistency in current age brackets.
    AB says his research from a couple of seasons ago discovered 48 different price categories.
    DR suggests this is a good area to set-up a sub-group to explore campaign ideas.
    DMin notes discrepancy in away ticket pricing in the Championship and asked why this cannot be capped in line with Premiership clubs? Agreed this required further investigation and would be included within the scope of the sub-group.
    Action – FSF work with group to identify interested volunteers for sub-group.

*Supporter engagement ............
    DD outlines top-line Structured Dialogue survey results: 85% supporter groups are meeting with clubs twice per year. 82% meeting the right people. 25% of clubs are not showing suitable levels of information. There will be a comparative analysis in relation to last year’s statistics.
    DR asks for examples of good practice.
    RA says HCST will not be involved as club has refused to engage.
    AB feels EFL need to have stronger sanctions. Current rules vague with no set penalties.
    AH says they rarely get CEO at meetings, usually comms / press officer.
    MD says things have been stop / start at Bradford City.
    KG – The EFL say only one club has failed to meet expectations but the only meeting they have had is with the Trust / manager rather than owner / CEO / chairman.

*Watching Football Is Not A Crime! .............
    AJ outlines cases which are currently being processed including a young fan who claims he was racially profiled by stewards / security who has been awarded £10,000 by court. On-going legal aspects to this case. Another fan (Charlton Athletic) had his fingers broken at a game by stewards and has been awarded £10,000 for injury / false imprisonment after throwing a scarf on the pitch. A Bristol City fan had his elbow broken at an away game and this is going through legal process. There is also a current review of stewarding which the FSF is engaged with.
    AJ explains background to Football Policing Independent Advisory Groups and encourages fans to get involved in one exists in their area, and to encourage local force to organise such if it doesn’t. CJ outlines Sky Blues Trust engagement with WMP which has been positive.
    Any groups involved in Football Policing Independent Advisory Groups to report back to group on progress

........... a great bunch of people doing a great job and long may they continue.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)